October 14, 2020 Indiana Middle Level Education Association
Congratulations to Rochester Middle School
For Assistant Principals: A New MiddleWeb Blog
How often does the AP designation seem to catch a lot of "other duties as assigned," some of them duties that didn't even exist previously? Thanks for all that you are doing!
Are your students drowning in email?
These lessons, videos, and curriculum resources are licensed by Dr. Wesley Fryer (@wfryer) under a Creative Commons Attribution-Only License. This means you can reuse and remix any of these resources for FREE with attribution.
(Another) New Series on the Distance Learning Playbook
You Can Still Register for AMLE20!
More on Digital Escape Rooms
This Week's INSPIRE3 Update
Highlights included in this INSPIRE3 Update 10/12/20. Thank You for sharing this Update with your staff and colleagues as these resources are beneficial in service-learning planning for in-school and/or virtual instruction for the 20-21 school year.
- FREE 1 hour VIRTUAL SERVICE LEARNING PD OPPORTUNITY for Educators and Administrators across Indiana – Thurs. Oct. 22, 2020 from 4:00-5:00 EST (3:00-4:00PM CST) Click INSPIRE3 Virtual Service Learning PD for session details and registration. Register by Oct. 19, 2020.
- INSPIRE3 PowerPoints- Service Learning for Science and STEM Educators K-12 Virtual Workshop; K-5 and 6-12 Service Learning/Blended/Virtual Learning in ALL Content areas; Service Learning/Employability Skills; Service Learning /SEL.. All PPTs and Tutorials found HERE.
- LTG lessons and resources to support upcoming national initiatives: National Disabilities Month (Oct. 1-31) ; Anti-Bullying Month; World Food Day (Oct. 16); Election Day (Nov. 3); Veterans Day (Nov. 11); National Philanthropy Day (Nov. 15) Oct. and Nov. lessons/toolkits
- Youth Activity Guides – K-12
- SEL in Community Activity Guides K-12
- Teaching Social Justice and Building Community grade level guides
- Service-Learning BLENDS into VIRTUALLY Everything Part 2 -Spotlight on SL article.
- generationOn website f ree service-learning resources for teachers, students, and parents
- INPSIRE3 mini-grants available through October 2020 for service-learning projects started during 1st semester of 20-21.
- Visit our INSPIRE3 page on the IASP website HERE and Connect
- Contact information for free assistance
- Thank You Very Much for sharing our updates and the INSPIRE3 web page with your staff and colleagues
Free Learning Opportunities & Recognitions (all times listed are EDT)
October 15: (Another) New Series on Distance Learning Playbook Begins, 7 pm
October 16: Symbaloo in 2020: What's New, Cool, & Remote, 7 pm
October 16: Preliminary Activities Start for AMLE20
October 19: Opening Schools: The Challenges, Strategies, and a COVID-19 Update with Dr. Michael A. DiSpezio, 1 pm (Why do they put these things during school hours?)
October 19: Authenticate Like an Expert: Using Art Research across the Curriculum, 4 pm
October 20: Global Maker Day
October 21: Distance Learning Playbook with Keep Indiana Learning/CIESC, 4 pm
October 23-25: AMLE Virtual Conference
October 24: Purdue Space Day for Students Grades 3-8, 10-3:30 pm
October 29: DOE Webinar with Michelle Eaton, author of The Perfect Blend, 4 pm
November 2 : Lilly Creativity Grant Applications Due
2021: IMLEA Conference-Now Virtual!
Indiana eLearning Lab (Must Register to See Live Schedule; Tutorials always available)
That's All for Now!
The Monday Minute/IMLEA Newsletter will be on Fall Break next week. It will return around October 26 after the AMLE Conference and will include some highlights of resources and ideas shared there. (And you can still register for it!) If you are having a fall break, enjoy!
You can access past Monday Minutes via this link on our webpage, and you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter; we will be posting there more frequently. Principals and others: Feel free to forward this newsletter to your staff, and email us at any time.