E.J. Hayes Weekly Newsletter
October 22, 2021
Note from the Principal's Desk
Greetings Parents and Stakeholders,
E.J. Hayes Elementary continues to rock it out! We had over 100 students make honor roll and Principal's list. The students were honored yesterday. Please check out the pictures below for how students were celebrated by the PTA and the school. We will be going back to lunch in the cafeteria starting on Monday. Students will sit with the same students that they sit close to in the classroom and in their resource classes. Please contact the school if you have any questions and thank you for choosing E.J. Hayes: Where relationships foster learning!
RED RIBBON WEEK (Oct 25-Oct 29)
Red Ribbon Week is celebrated nationwide to teach our children to “Say No” to drugs.
Monday, October 25th —”Wear Red Day.” Students may wear something red—clothing or accessories.
Tuesday, October 26th—“Team Up Against Drugs!” Students may wear their favorite team’s shirt or jersey.
Wednesday, October 27th—“Drugs are Old School!” Students may dress as if they are coming to school in a previous decade.
Thursday, October 28th —“Put Drugs to Sleep.” Students may wear pajamas.
Friday, October 29th—“School Spirit Day.” Students may wear school shirts and jeans.
- October 22 - Pink out day--- Breast Cancer Awareness day
- October 25-29 - Red Ribbon Week
- October 26 - Progress Reports go home today with students
- November 11 - Veterans Day - No school for staff or students
- November 16 - Grading Period ends
- November 24-26 - Thanksgiving - No school for staff
- December 20 - No School for students and 10 month employees
- December 22-31 - Winter Break (No School for students and staff)
- January 3 - Optional Teacher Work Day (No school for students)
Principal's List and Honor Roll
3rd graders are studying Color Theory, the Color Wheel and how colors can evoke emotions. In art class, They created faces shared by the Sun & Moon highlighting their homeroom lessons about the Solar System.
Lunches for next week
Lunch Menu for next week
Tuesday: BBQ on a bun, Potato Wedges, Pineapple tidbits
Wednesday: Popcorn Chicken, Baked French Fries, Mixed Fruit
Thursday: Smoked Sausage on a bun, Broccoli w/cheese, Applesauce
Friday: Fish on a bun, Steamed potatoes, Pineapple tidbits
Instructions for Accessing PowerSchool's Parent Portal
Instructions for Accessing PowerSchool's Parent Portal. Students received a piece of paper with this information on it yesterday. Please check your child's folders.
There are two ways to access your child's information in PowerSchool. In addition to these instructions, you will need the letter from your child's school/teacher that contains the access IDs and passwords.
The First Way (This is the quickest and easiest way.)
1. Go to martin.powerschool.com/public
2. Enter the Student Access ID and Student Access Password into the Parent Sign In fields
(Yes, it will work!)
3. Make sure to enter the Student Access Password in ALL CAPS
4. This should take you right in to your child's information
The Second Way (This way allows the parent to receive periodic email updates.)
1. Go to martin.powerschool.com/public
2. Click on the Create Account tab
3. Click the blue Create Account button
4. On the Create Parent Account page, at the top, enter the parent's first and last name,
email address, desired username, and password (twice). Make sure to follow the password parameters in order for your password and account to be created
5. In the link to Student Account section under the number 1, enter your first student's
name, PARENT access ID and PARENT access password. Then, in the dropdown, select the choice that best represents your relationship to the student.
6. If you have multiple children, you can enter their information under numbers (2 through 7). By adding all of your children to one account, you can access all of your children using one username and password.
7. After you have entered all of the required information, click on the Enter button.
8. If you were successful, you will get a message saying "Congratulations! Your new Parent
Account has been created. Enter your Username and password to start using your new account." Then use your new username and password to sign into your parent account.
9. If you were unsuccessful, you will get a message saying you are missing some required
information. Correct what is missing or incorrect and Enter again.
10. Please Note: You can only use your email address one time to setup an account. If your
email address has already been used and is attached to an existing account, your account creation will be unsuccessful and you will have to use another email address.