CWES Staff News
Week of Feb 1-5, 2016
In the Know....
- I will hosting a parent coffee in the media center on Thursday at 8:00. The media center is still open for students.
- Walk throughs continue. I am still working on WT #3 and Sharon and Anita will be starting #4 this week sometime.
- Staff News: I wanted to let you know that we hired a teacher for the 2nd grade Team Taught class and she will begin on Feb 8. Mrs. Lindsey Petitti was offered the job by HR and accepted Friday. She is moving from FLA and has experience with a team taught class, collecting effective data and is very excited about building relationships with the students, the staff and the parents! We will welcome her next week!
- Check out this link to Jessica Clarke's Tech blog. She will be adding to this to give you great tech advice, lessons that she has used with your students and helpful tips for parents. It is new but please offer her some suggestions if you would like to see more things added. This is a great way to stay connected to Tech. http://cougaripadlab.weebly.com/ . Here is the TAG Blog so you can also see what is happening in TAG classes . http://cogburntag.blogspot.com/. Great use of technology to communicate with ALL your stakeholders!
- I will be attending IST interviews next week 2/11. I will keep you posted.
- Possible Tornado Drill this week.... Anita will give you details if we are going to conduct one.
- Hallways..... as I walk around and have talked to teachers, hallway behavior has become a topic of discussion. It is important to remind your students (and staff too) that they need to be quiet in the hallways as they walk with in the halls with or without you. Since teaching and learning is our#1 priority and happening all day long, we need to be respectful of others in classrooms as we are traveling in the hallways.. I will make sure I mention this on the news this week. :)
- Share your good stuff!!! Id love to add it to my staff news. Lets share the Good Stuff about your peers, what you are doing or what students are doing!!
Have a great week!
If you did not have the chance to complete the intent form, please do so by THIS Friday, 2/5. Thank you!
Celebrating Students and some Fun with the Whip and the NaNa!
As you know the Talent show was AMAZING! Thank you to Student Council and their sponsors (Kristie and Julia) and all the other teachers who helped and came back to see the show. I will tell you it makes my heart happy to see all the support you give each other and the students. In my past experiences the teacher turn out for after school activities was not attended well so it made me so happy to see many of you here that Thursday night!
And by the way, we have a whole bunch of teachers who have a bunch of moves- thanks for being so courageous to get up in front of an audience and Whip!!! Love it!
Super Bowl 50- enjoy some soup!
“Soup”er Bowl Friday
Hospitality will be hosting a soup day to help celebrate Super Bowl 50! We will provide the paper products and drinks, you just need to bring your favorite soup to share! more informational details will be forthcoming. We will most likely host it in the empty K room.
SEED FUND update
Our Seed fund proposal was approved for the next round which includes an interview session. The interview will be held next week on Feb 8 from 12-1 with the Fulton County Foundation. Myself, Anita , Kristie Elliott and Marilee Hamilton (our SGC chair) will be attending. This is where we will have to answer a strategic set of questions to expand on our Seed Fund proposal. As you know the seed fund proposal supports our future PBL initative. We will know on Feb 12 if we have been gratend any additional funds for the proposal. This would include- A full time PBL coordinator to help support teachers, materials and training.
Way to go SGC for all the hard work that is paying off!!