Week 4 of Kindergarten
RECAP OF THE WEEK AND WHAT'S TO COME
Students will be tested on List 2 on Friday. Please keep the "I Can!" sight word flashcards in the red folders. We will be adding the new words to the bag on Tuesday.
List 1 - the, of, and, a, to
NEW* List 2 - in, is, you, that, it
September 6th - September 9th
Print & Awareness
- Identify parts of a book RF.K.1
- Recognize that words are made up of letters RF.K.1b
Phonemic Awareness and Phonics
- Associate Oo with /o/ sound and Cc with /k/ RF.K.3a
- Identify art supplies and animals L.K.5a
- Generate questions LK.1d RL.K.1 SL.K.3
- Make and confirm predictions RL.K.1
- Distinguish between reality and fantasy S1.K.1
- Draw conclusions RL.K.1
- Speak as a story character RF.K.4
-Handwriting: Form Oo and Cc L.K.1a
- Expressive writing: Dictate facts and sentences about an animal and to continue a story L.K.1f W.K.2 W.K.3
- Encode Oo for /o/ and Cc for /k/ L.K.2c
Listening and Speaking
- Listen for details and follow oral directions SL.K.2
- Discuss how to solve a problem SL.K.1a SL.K.4 SL.K.6
Writing Journals: Students will write about small moments in our lives. We will be using fun memories and small moments to create sentences and illustrations. Students will be able to look at their work and find ways to improve it with adding details to both pictures and words.
Chapter 1: Represent, Count, and Write Numbers 0-5
Children process through stages of rote counting and rational counting.
The rote counters: May not know the number names in sequence and may not be able to maintain one to one correspondence between the objects being counted and the number names.
The rational counters: They know the correct sequence of number names, use one to one correspondence to count object, and can name the cardinal number in the set.
Lesson 1-1: Model and Count 1 and 2
Lesson 1-2: Count and Write 1 and 2
Lesson 1-3: Model and Count 3 and 4
Lesson 1-4: Count and Write 3 and 4
one, two, match, three, four
Chapter 2: We will finish up this chapter.
Students will learn the importance of names especially the most important name of all, God. We will discuss how names are good and how it feels when someone calls us by our name. Students will learn the importance of reverence while praying and while saying Jesus' name. They will learn we should always say Jesus' name with respect as well as our classmates and family members.
Mystery Reader: Our Mystery Reader slot will be every Monday from 11:45-12:15. We ask that you bring in 2-3 books from you home. (ex: child’s favorite books ) Don’t forget, it’s a surprise!!
Please sign up for Mystery Reader!
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/gbHjxN
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
Miss DiLoreto's Amazon Wish List: https://amzn.com/w/OXTC5YN6U5E
P.E. day: Friday
Spanish: Mondays and Wednesdays
September 5th: No School. Labor Day
Friday, Sept 9th: Mass in the assembly hall @ 8:15. No P.E. uniforms. Students must be in regular uniform.
Monday, Sept 19th: Field Trip to Orlando Rep Theatre
Wednesday, September 21st: Noon Dismissal
Friday, Sept 30th: Center Day - Johnny Appleseed Day