Weekly Update - 11/14
EASTON AREA HS INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC
This Week's Edition:
- Weekly Schedule
- UPDATED - Orchestra Uniform Contracts Overdue
- NEW - Please donate food to sell at Craft Show
- Volunteers needed for Craft Show
- Let's keep those uniforms looking good for the big game!
- Philadelphia Holiday Parade Information
- IMPORTANT INFO - Turkey Week Schedule of Events
- UPDATED - The IMA Annual Citrus Sale continues!
- NEW - Volunteers needed for fruit sale distribution.
- UPCOMING - Uniform Pillow Sale Pick Up Date
Weekly Schedule (November 14 - 27, 2021)
- Marching Band Rehearsal, 3:00 - 5:00pm @ EAHS
Wednesday, November 17
- Chamber Strings, 2:45 - 4:30pm
Thursday, November 18
- Marching Band Rehearsal, 3:00 - 5:00pm @ EAHS
- Jazz Band Rehearsal, 6:00 - 8:00pm @ EAHS
- Pickup for Wind Ensemble shoes after MB practice.
Saturday, November 20
- IMA Fall Craft Show, 9:00am - 2:00pm
Monday, November 22
- Powderpuff Game, report 5:15pm @ Cottingham (all band members)
Tuesday, November 23
- Easton - Phillipsburg Band Dance, report 4:45pm @ EAHS cafeteria (seniors only)
Wednesday, November 24
- HALF DAY FOR STUDENTS
- Easton Pep Rally, report 2:30pm @ EAHS. Busing provided to Cottingham.
- Bonfire Parade
Thursday, November 25
- THANKSGIVING BREAK
- Easton vs. Phillipsburg Football Game, report 8:00am @ EAHS (students will pick up white pants upon arrival at EAHS)
Friday, November 26
- THANKSGIVING BREAK
- Southside Christmas Tree Lighting, 6:00 - 7:00pm (Brass Quintet)
Saturday, November 27
- Pep Band - Santa's Arrival, 10:30 - 11:15am @ Palmer Park Mall
- Chamber Strings - Peace Candle, 4:00 - 5:00pm
Stay up to date by viewing our online calendar on our website!
Orchestra/ Wind Ensemble/ Jazz Band Uniforms & Contracts
Orchestra/Wind Ensemble uniform contracts are past due. Please send in your contracts and payments as soon as possible.
Wind Ensemble students who ordered new shoes may pick them up on Thursday 11/18 after marching band practice.
If you have any concerns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please donate food items for sale at the Craft Show
We need volunteers to provide food for sale at the Craft Show. You can sign up here at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c044aa4ac2ca0fc1-imafood.
This is just to provide the food to sell. By signing up to donate food you are not volunteering to sell the food. See the next section on student and adult volunteers for the craft show.
Volunteers Needed for the Craft Show
We’re excited to host our 24th annual fall craft show on Saturday, November 20 from 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. at Easton Area High School (through the cafeteria doors).
- Over 120 crafters and vendors are registered this year
- Expect some good eats at the food court
- This public event is a big fundraiser for the IMA
In order to make this event a success, we need adult and student volunteers to help out. The volunteer positions are setup in 2 hour blocks - you do not need to volunteer for the whole day - any time is helpful.
We have the following positions available for adult volunteers:
- For the early risers, we need people to: Sign-in vendors, set-up food, unload and carry crafts.
- Throughout the day, we need people to serve and sell food.
- For later risers, we need help carrying crafts back to vendors vehicles.
We have the following positions available for student volunteers:
- For the early risers, we need people to: Sign-in vendors, set-up food, unload and carry crafts and make announcements.
- Throughout the day, we need students to sell 50/50 tickets, sell treasure hunt tickets, make announcements, collect donations, and sell/serve food.
Please check out the sign up links to see how easy it is to donate your time for this important event!
Turkey Week 2021 - SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Monday, 11/22: Powderpuff Game (report at Cottingham 5:15p - all band members) - Easton attire
- Game begins at 6:00p at Cottingham
Tuesday, 11/23: Easton/ P'Burg Band Dance (seniors only) - report to HS cafe by 4:45p
- Dance will be held from 5:00 - 6:15p
Wednesday, 11/24: Easton Pep Rally & Bonfire Parade (all band members)- report to HS by 2:30p
- Busing provided to Cottingham Stadium from HS
Thursday, 11/25: Easton vs. P'Burg Game (all band members) - report to HS by 8:00a
- Full Uniform (white pants - instrumentalists)
Let's keep those uniforms looking good for the big game!
Please make sure to take your uniform out of the garment bag and air it out. If you did not take your jacket to the cleaners, now would be a great time! Check to make sure all wrinkles are steamed out of your jacket. Wash your sweat collar and white gloves too. Wipe up and clean your white band shoes. Many students need to use white shoe polish to tidy them up to get them back to bright white.
Thank you for your support in keeping your uniform looking sharp!
Philadelphia Holiday Parade Information - Saturday, December 04
We are awaiting specific details of the event, but please see a rough estimate of what to expect below:
Date: Saturday, December 04
Report Time: 1:15pm @ EAHS
Bus Departs: 1:30pm
Parade Starts: 4:30pm (Center City ending at City Hall)
Estimated Time of Arrival Back at EAHS: 9:00pm
The IMA Annual Citrus Sale is extended to Wednesday Nov. 17th!!
Did someone say orange? This is one of the biggest fundraisers we do as an organization, so we need everyone to participate to make this a HUGE success! We’ve added some exciting, new items this year- two “samplers” of outstanding fruit- perfect to bring as a gift to holiday parties!
They are MULTIPLE ways to drive sales. As always, students can sell directly to friends and family in-person, or customers can place their orders online through our dedicated website. Additionally, customers can opt for direct ship.
WEBSITE - will be live on October 11th and will accept orders until Wednesday, November 17th. https://freshfruitorder.org/EAHSmusic/
DIRECT SHIP AVAILABLE - For the second year, we are offering Direct Ship items on the website which will enable customers to have items sent directly to their door - perfect for out-of-town customers and gift giving! There are a few items that are only available for direct ship and some that are the same as our regular offerings. Direct ship items cost more than regular items b/c the UPS fee is included.
DELIVERY DATE- Fruit is scheduled to come in on Friday, December 10th with pick up on Saturday, December 11th at Raub’s Farm.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Lynn Franklin at (610) 207-4239 or at IMAfruitsale@gmail.com.
Volunteer Opportunity! Help with distribution of Fruit Sale
Uniform Pillow Sale - PICK UP DATE
The first batch of pillows have arrived back and look fantastic! We are anticipating all pillows to be completed by the end of November.
Thank you for your continued support!