Austin High School
Black Bear News -- May 22, 2022
We are getting very close to the end of a great school year. I would like to personally thank everyone for your continued support of our teachers and staff at AHS. I would also like to CONGRATULATE the the Class of 2022, for all of the hard work and determination they have showed during this year and previous years in school. I am so excited and honored to see this wonderful students walk across the stage on Tuesday night!! Have a Great Day! #WEAREONE
SENIOR GRADUATION INFORMATION
- MANDATORY GRADUATION PRACTICE will be on Tuesday, May 24 @ 10:00 a.m. at the AHS Stadium. You DO NOT wear your cap and gown to practice.
- Graduates will receive their 14 tickets after practice. SIX of the tickets will allow admission at 6:30 and EIGHT will allow admission at 6:55.
- In the event of inclement weather, graduation will be held at the same time and on the same day in the Austin High School gymnasium. Only SIX guests will be allowed per graduate if the ceremony is inside. If rain comes during the program and we are in the stadium, we will not move to the gym. We will finish the program as quickly as possible.
- If you have not turned in your DCS Chromebook, you MUST bring it to graduation practice to be checked in to our technology department.
Softball Tryouts 2022-2023
Registration for the 2022-23 School Year
- Decatur City Schools will utilize Online Registration (InfoSnap Enrollment) for returning students , those who were enrolled as of May 2022. InfoSnap Enrollment for returning student registration requires a Snapcode to access the record.
- Snapcodes were emailed this week to the addresses we have on file for custodial guardians. If you have questions about your student's Snapcode, you can email questions to email@example.com.
- Child Find: Help Us Locate Children with Disabilities... Contact your school system for ages 3-21 or 1-800-543-3098 (TTY 800-499-1816) for birth through 2. Spanish-speaking families may call 1-866-450-2838 ("Familias de habla hispana pueden llamar al 1-866-450-2838.")
- Enrollment & Registration Documents
Utility Bills needed for Current 10th Graders
- A Current utility bill may be brought to the school or emailed to Mary.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Also, you must upload proof of residence in Infosnap.
- It has to be in the parent or the guardians name.
Transcript Information for Seniors
It's time to request the FINAL high school transcript to be sent to your intended college. Please use your account on www.parchment.com so you can track the document and have it delivered quickly.
When you request the FINAL high school transcript, please choose HOLD FOR GRADES. If you have taken dual enrollment courses through Calhoun, you MUST send a FINAL high school transcript to Calhoun in order for your Calhoun transcript to be sent to another institution. You can request your Calhoun transcript here https://calhoun.edu/student-services/calhoun-admissions-records/transcripts/.
Please contact Catrena.email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Yearbooks are still available
- Yearbooks are still available for sale until May 30th!
- You or your parents/guardians can purchase a 2021-2022 yearbook for $65 - these can be purchased 2 ways:
- Online at https://www.yearbookordercenter.com/ (put in school code 17655)
- Bringing cash or a check for $65 to Ms. Turner in room (F110)
- Email Courtney.Turner@dcs.edu for questions.
Click on this link to view the Registration Form for Summer Drivers Education.
Beginning with the 2022-23 school year, students who wish to graduate earlier must follow the attached guidelines.
AHS Activities This Week
- May 24 - Class of 2022 Graduation @ 7:30 p.m.
Click on this link to view all sporting events for the Austin Feeder Pattern