October 30-November 3
Message from Mission Control
* Shout out to Tammie for organizing and promoting Red Ribbon Week last week. We had a lot of kids AND teachers who dressed up each day, and we appreciate your support. Shout out to all of you who took the time to dress for each theme. I think 80's day was my favorite (and the staff's favorite too!).
* Shout out to 2nd grade teachers and working hard in their PLC yesterday. They were utilizing the Continuum for Literacy Strategies book and the Reading strategies book to make personalized goals for their students in order to help them move up the DRA levels. I'm hoping to be able to attend more grade level PLC's in the coming weeks.
* Vertical Council meetings are tomorrow. ELAR will be in the morning, and math is in the afternoon. I sent an email to ELAR reps with needed items to bring, and Courtney sent an email to math reps. Please make sure to bring the needed items as well as your computer. We will have water and some light snacks for each meeting.
* Along with the number of subs we will have tomorrow, we will also have quite a few on Friday, as well, with several teachers attending a training in Hurst. Keep your fingers crossed that no subs cancel, but if we run into issues, we appreciate everyone's flexibility if the need arises to get creative. Our life principle this week is flexibility, so that goes along with our weekly discussion!
* Make sure you turn in Elk of the Month forms to Lilly by Wednesday. She will print them out on photo paper in the copy room.
* Tomorrow is the last day to turn in the RSVP's for the Thanksgiving feast. Remind your students to turn those in. I have to send in numbers to Child Nutrition by the end of the day tomorrow.
* By now, all conferences should be scheduled. Please let Bobby or I know if you have parents you cannot get a hold of for conferences. We will do our best to help you make contact. We want each person to have the opportunity to discuss their student's progress.
* I will be off campus this Thursday. 1/2 day is to attend my daughter's field day (yes, it's in October), and the other half I will be at the principal meeting. As usual, text me or email me if you need anything.
* Thank you SO much to Lilly, Nancy, Vicki, Laura Ingram and Tammie who are always willing to cover a class at a moment's notice to help with scheduling conflicts, ARD's, meetings, etc. We appreciate their FLEXIBILITY and willingness to be a team player. You are GREATLY appreciated, and we are lucky to have each of you!!
* PTA representatives will be in the cafeteria each day at lunch to take up the Big Kahuna fundraiser tickets and issue the students their stackable trinkets. Make sure your students take those tickets to the cafeteria at lunch, so they can turn them in.
This year, we will be implementing our GE life principles during announcements, as well as having the opportunity for kids to respond using the white interactive papers in the hallway (formerly used for vocabulary).
Each life principle will be talked about during a 1 week period. You will be getting the schedule sent this week, and it will also be posted on the One Note staff portal. We will discuss on announcements, and students will have the opportunity to write (or draw) how they show this life principle. For example, the first one is self discipline. They can write on the paper how they show or can use self discipline. This will require thinking and application... so it brings in the higher levels. We will talk about the expectations of how this will be used on the announcements, so the students are familiar with what is acceptable.
Just as the vocabulary has been done in the past, the life principles will remain posted on the wall, so that the students can see them and refer back to them. The Elk of the Month will be chosen based on the life principles that have been discussed for the month. Each student chosen will not have to demonstrate ALL of the life principles, but one or more.
This week, our life principle is:
Flexibility- the ability to make adjustments or alter plans
"go with the flow"
DATES TO REMEMBER
Wednesday, November 1st:
Literacy Council Meeting- AM
Math Council Meeting- PM
Thursday, November 2nd:
Kori off campus personal 1/2 day/ meeting
Friday, November 3rd:
Several teachers out for the "Who's Doing the Work" conference (lots of subs)
Monday, November 6th:
Staff Meeting; (Forrester's Financial & ARD Training)
Spirit Day/Night at The Pizza Buffet (sponsored by PTA)
Thursday, November 9th:
Friday, November 10th:
Early Release at 11:40 (parent/teacher conferences)
Tuesday, November 14th:
Dr. Parker here for campus visit (9:45-10:45)
LiiNK meeting 3:30-4:30 (Eagle Mt. Elem)
Thursday, November 16th:
Kori off campus at meeting
Family Thanksgiving Feast (during lunch times)
Tuesday, November 28th:
Angela Kennedy here for walks 1:00-2:30
Friday, December 1st:
Clubs (follow club schedule)