LHS College Fair
Wednesday, Oct. 5th, 6:30-8pm
295 Mammoth Road
Colleges in Attendance
Anna Maria College
Bay State College
Central Maine Community College
Daniel Webster College
Eastern Maine Community College
Fitchburg State College
Franklin Pierce University
Johnson and Wales
Johnson State College
Keene State College
Lyndon State College
Maine Maritime Academy
Manchester Community Colege
Mass College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
Maverick Technical Institute
Michael's School of Hair Design
Monserrat College of Art
Mt. Ida College
Nashua Community College
Nashua Community College
National Aviation Academy
NE Institute of Technology
New England College
NH Institute of Art
Northeast Catholic College
Northern Essex Community College
Northern Maine Community College
Pine Manor College
Plymouth State University
Sacred Heart U
Saint Joseph School of Nursing
Salem State University
Salve Regina University
Southern NH University
St. Anselm College
St. Michael's College
University of Maine Farmington
University of Maine Orono
University of Massachusetts Amherst
University of Massachusetts Boston
University of Massachusetts Lowell
University of New England
University of New Hampshire Durham
University of New Haven
University of Rhode Island
University of Tampa
University of Vermont
Wentworth Institute of Technology
Western New England College
Wilbraham & Monson Academy
Sample Intelligent Questions
- Do you offer ___________? Could you tell me about the program?
- How can I best prepare a strong application for your school?
- Is it to my advantage to declare a major on my application, or is it best to wait?
- What areas of your application are most important?
- Is it to my advantage to apply early? If so, when and why?
- Which standardized tests do you like to see from your candidates? (SAT I/II, ACT)
- Is it possible to characterize the student community at your school?
- What are class sizes like at your school?
- What is the professor-student relationship like at your school?
- What are the two strongest programs at your school?
- What makes your school unique?
- What does your school value?
- What kind of student would be happiest at your school?
- May I send additional letters of recommendation?
- May I schedule an interview?
- Is it possible to schedule an overnight campus visit?
- Would you describe your curriculum as more traditional or innovative?
Tips for Attending a College Fair
- Take a backpack or bag - you will receive lots of flyers, brochures, and applications
- Dress nicely, but not too fancy. Don't look like you just rolled out of bed, but you don't need to wear a tie, either. Find a happy medium where you look clean and presentable.
- Take a list of the schools you are interested in, but also leave time to stop at tables for a couple of schools you might not be familiar with. Get a map at the door and take a couple of minutes to plan your route.
- Shake hands, introduce yourself and make good eye contact-most teenagers won't.
- Be the one who does the talking and ask the questions. Don't have your parents do the talking for you!
- Be aware of other students who want to talk to the representative. Do not monopolize the admission officer's time if others are waiting. Be direct and concise.
- FILL OUT ANY CARD THEY OFFER-this will usually go on record and will certainly get you on their mailing list. Use your mailing labels here. Prepare a label ahead of time that includes your first and last names, address, email address and major interests. You can stick these to the lists instead of taking time to fill them all out!
- THANK THEM FOR THEIR TIME AND SMILE. You can shake hands again.