February 3, 2017
"One presentation down, one to go ....#lovingtoshare ~ @STESMusic @ @StonewallTell @FCSVanguard @FCS_FA_DEPT"
Casey Hall & Megan Endicott
"Reppin' @nearpod at #GMEA2017 for our #AppSmashing session today. Always a pleasure to work alongside @EndicottSpot! @ArtsFCS @FCSVanguard"
"Had to support my school @ecwestwildcats , my students and my @FCSVanguard family on this lovely Saturday! #WorkingWithTechnologyOnAsaturday"
Casey Hall & Megan Endicott
NEED 2 KNOW
Nearpod District Accounts
All Vanguard members should be (or will be soon) on the District Nearpod account. If your school purchased licenses and you are already on that account, Nearpod representatives made sure you are on the account which gives you the most options, therefore you may not be on the district account.
As a Nearpod PioNear (it's pretty much my all-time favorite tool), I will very happily come to support you with your learning, implementation, etc. If you would like to schedule a one-on-one or small group training, please email me! I am also happy to do some Nearpod co-planning or co-teaching with you! Just drop me a line and we'll set something up!
- Purchases must be made by March 15 or the funds are recalled from the school.
- Purchases should benefit students, whether directly or indirectly.
- The items belong to Vanguard. If you leave Fulton County, they must be returned.
Take a look at my FETC finds or recommendations from fellow Vanguard team members for ideas on what you can get!
Vanguard member, Lauren Busing, at Cogburn Woods ES has some great videos from first grade PBL projects.
Sarah Severson, Vanguard member at Heards Ferry ES, has videos that include morning news shows and some mannequin challenges!
Check them out and start adding to your school's channel!
Upcoming Vanguard Events - Mark Your Calendars
- Thursday, February 23 - SLC/AZ Live Tweet-Up (Site TBD) Off Contract Event & Twitter Chat
- Thursday, February 23 - NELC Live Tweet-Up (5 Seasons) Off Contract Event & Twitter Chat
- Saturday, February 25 - EdCamp Fulton (Autrey Mill MS) Off Contract Event
- Friday, March 10 - Bear Creek's Redefining Learning Conference (Langston Hughes HS)
- Friday, June 9 - VanCon (GaTech Hotel & Conference Center) Off Contract Event
IMPORTANT NOTES FROM THE LAST VANWEEKLY
March Professional Development
The Fulton calendar has Friday, March 10 as a teacher work day and Monday, March 13 as a professional development day.
Because we are asking Vanguard members to attend or present at Bear Creek's Redefining Learning Conference on Friday, March 10, your teacher work day and PD day will be reversed, unless you are attending a different REQUIRED county training.
If you attend/present at Bear Creek's RLC on Friday, March 10th:
- Friday is your PD Day and Monday, March 13 is your teacher work day.
If you do not attend/present at Bear Creek's RLC on Friday, March 10th:
- Friday is your teacher work day and Monday, March 13 you should participate in professional development at your school.
K-3 Teachers and Elementary METIs Are Getting Seesaw Plus!
Here are a few things that you need to know:
Existing users logged in with Fulton account will be converted over to premium by the district.
- Existing users using non-Fulton log in and those not currently using it: Point of contact at school (probably METI or Vanguard) will be identified as Seesaw admin. They will create accounts for teachers. As of now it is not part of Launchpad. Student id numbers will be used to create new accounts; this will make it easier to set up.
- Vanguard members and METIs will serve as the support team for Seesaw Plus in the county. KSU iTeach members will also be able to support this role out.
"5th gr TAG using @makeymakey to move curser took him about 5 mins to figure it out! @FCSVanguard @MimosaManatee"
"First official tweet! I'm in! #fcsvanguard @MrsHCox @hoke @Stephsteph83"
"Fabulous mail day! #fcsvanguard @FCSVanguard @EJJaguars"
Trouble with the Vanguard Data Plan
If you're having trouble with the data plan on your Vanguard iPad, try the steps listed below to reset things!
If that doesn't work, call 1-800-922-0204. Provide the wireless # associated with the iPad and the call will be directed to government accounts. You can also email our Verizon contact Travis Oliver (Travis.Oliver@vzw.com).
Off-Contract Vanguard Events
- August Vanguard Kick-Off (Held at McNair MS)
- Live Tweet-Ups hosted by Vanguard
- EdCamp Fulton (One was in October, the next is this month)
- VanCon in June
- Fulton County Technology Competition (Volunteering or Judging)
- Georgia State Technology Competition (Volunteering or Judging)
If you ever have questions about an event, please let us know!
March 13 - Fulton PD Day
Please use or pass along the information below regarding trainings on Fulton's upcoming PD day. Interested individuals can register in Edivate in the Professional Development Days catalog.
Apply Today to Become a PBS Digital Innovator
PERSONAL PD: #fcsvanguard Chat
Beyond the Walls of the Classroom
NELC Lead, Andrea Rioux, brought the outside world into our classrooms with last night's #fcsvanguard chat! If you were able to participate, hopefully you came away with some great new ideas!
Next week's chat will be led by CLC lead, Chanel Johnson, as she brings us part two of her fabulous coaching chat!
Know that you need to participate, but don't know how? Check out our screencast to get some quick tips!
Find all coaching plans, Vanguard expectations and commitment form, Vanguard logos, and team information.
Our mission as a Vanguard team is to build the capacity of FCS educators and leaders to provide innovative instruction which meets the needs, skills and interests of all students.