A Day In The Life Of A Diabetic
By: Marcus Paul
General Backround on the Biology of Type 2 Diabetes
- The pancreas can't keep up with the amount of glucose that the body is taking in.
- The pancreas produces insulin that either isn't recognized by the insulin receptors of a cell or the pancreas doesn't produce enough insulin. Either of these cases result in a blood sugar which leads to Type 2 diabetes.
- The way that diabetics fix this shortage of insulin is by taking insulin shots.
Basic Recommendations for a Diabetics Diet
- Restrict eating foods that have high sugar content.
- Do not take in large portions of food at a time. Try to eat small portions of food.
- Also watch how much carbs, calories, and total fat you are consuming, as these all can lead to type 2 diabetes or make the problem worse.
Blood Sugar Monitoring and Adjustment
Exercise and Lifestyle Choices
How Staying Fit Relates to Keeping Diabetes in Control
Biomedical Professions That Could be of Assistance to a Diabetic
Certified Diabetic Educator(CDE)
-They help provide knowledge about diabetes and equipment that diabetics use.
Primary Care Provider
- They help you maintain a healthy lifestyle
-They help with minor diabetic problems
-They help diabetic patients mentally cope with the issues that may be going on in the patient's life.
1. American Diabetes Association®. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.diabetes.org/
3. dLife - For Your Diabetes Life | Diabetes | Type 1 Diabetes | Type 2 Diabetes. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.dlife.com/
4. Type 2 Diabetes: Symptoms, Causes, Treatments, and More. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.webmd.com/diabetes/guide/type-2-diabetes