May 12, 2017
Custodial Staff Appreciation Week!
Message from the Clinic
Important News from the Cafeteria
2016-2017 Parent Group Update
Yearbooks are Here!
Dyer's Reading & Rollicking Fun Summer
Get a little R & R (Reading and Rollicking Fun) this summer. Relax throughout the summer by reading some great books. Enjoy bouts of rollicking fun by exploring things that excite your mind. All students who complete our R & R program will earn prizes when school starts in the fall.
You must do the reading and complete the Rollicking Fun activity to earn a prize.
Go to Dyer’s Summer Learning Page at www.dyersummer.weebly.com to learn more, find links to fun learning activity ideas, and to learn about the prizes.
Read 60 minutes a week (beginning the first week of June) You can record your minutes in two different ways:
1. Record minutes on the Beanstack website provided by Gwinnett County Public Library. The username and PIN will be created at school. You can also create your own parent and student Beanstack account at home. Website: www.gwinnettpl.beanstack.org
2. Print out a reading log from the Dyer Summer Learning web page.
Come up with two weeks’ worth of activities that excite your mind. Projects require think time to plan, gather, and create your masterpiece. Have fun expressing your interests.
- Caine’s Arcade (Watch video and create your own cardboard arcade mini arcade)
- Chain reaction challenge (Watch video and create your own Rube Goldberg machine)
- Music lessons, Dance Class, Art Class (Classes/Lessons that require you to learn about a topic/skill and create a final product at the end – like a painting, performance, etc.)
- Computer programming. You can use a program like Scratch
- Summer Bridge, Scoring High: ITBS, or other learning activity workbook
- Summer Learning Camp like Camp Invention
- Any other creative and learning activity that involves think time to plan, gather, and create!
After you finish your activity, create a way to share it with your class. For example, you can make a poster, write a paragraph, make a collage, or make a video highlighting your project. You are only limited by your imagination. If you choose to do a summer learning workbook, you can turn in the workbook.
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events!
15th -19th PTA Penny Wars & Custodian Appreciation Week
Bruster’s Blue Ice Day
5th Grade Ceremony Rehearsal @ Hebron
5th Grade Skate Night
Volunteer Appreciation Event
5th Grade Events Day & Walk
End-of-Year Class Parties
Last Day of School5th Grade Ceremony
Penny Wars is Coming!
1,2, 3, 4...We declare a Penny War! We need your help for our end-of-the-year fundraiser! Come help us count some money at 8:15am! Your support makes these events possible!