AT A GLANCE
November 16, 2015 :: 8 Items
What a week!
That has left me with two boys for the week (Lillian stayed with her grandparents). It takes a lot to be at school every day when pokey kids dress slowly. It takes a lot of patience when you are in your room, trying to work and all they want to do is share and talk with you. I am reminded of how lucky I am to have them and to have that time with them. I am also reminded that is just another way that so many of you exhibit patience and grace.
To those of you with kids at school, who have been through having kids at school, who will have kids at school someday, and those who rush off to kids who leave from other schools- I appreciate all of the balancing you do. It aint easy but it is worth it.
School Goals to support our LSPI
Collaborative Planning Goals
- Collaboratively plan lessons
- Use data/student work to plan
- Deconstruct the standards
- Class websites should be linked through eCLASS.
- Classwork/Homework assigned weekly through eCLASS (not 'extra' work).
- Use discussion boards at least 1x for Language Arts and 1x for Math each Semester.
- Newsletters should be housed in eCLASS.
School Psychologist Week
Ga DoE Survey on why teachers leave teaching
The Georgia Department of Education is studying the reasons why teachers leave public education as a profession. Classroom teachers across the state are invited to take a few moments to answer 7 questions to help the DOE better understand how to reverse this trend in Georgia. We greatly appreciate your time and feedback and know that working together we can make a difference in public education in Georgia.
Responses are anonymous.