Karl S. Mason J. Jacob G.
- Joseph Pulitzer was known as a great American journalist during the 1870's- early 1900's.
- Pulitzer had a passion for newspapers, at a young age he began helping out newspaper organizations and soon bought the New York World newspaper company.
- Joseph Pulitzer started using illustrations and creating big news headlines to grab readers attention. This is known as yellow journalism
- Joseph Pulitzer and one of his competitors, William Hearst, wrote a lot of misleading headlines and journals during the time of war.
- Pulitzer is known for extremely exaggerating Spanish actions against the Cubans during the war
The Yellow Kid
This is a character from one of the comics in Pulitzers newspaper.
William Hearst was a major competitor in the newspaper business