Grapevine Mustang Band
May 1, 2020
Notes from the Directors
Good afternoon, Mustang Band!
- Band Placement and Leadership are posted below - we will have a leadership meeting on Monday at 1:00pm (details in Google Classroom).
- Please review the parent meeting presentation if you have not done so already! The information can be found below.
- If you have not turned in your audition PLEASE do so as soon as you can. It’s not too late to turn it in! It is not too late.
- We are still looking for members for the 2020 Mustang Guard. If you know anyone, please have them visit the band website got more info to join the Google Classroom.
- Turn in your assignments for your classes!
- Band banquet is now schedule for Friday, June 19th. More details to come!
- If you have friends that are interested in joining our great color guard, have them join the google classroom! Audition information will be coming out this week.
- Check Google Classroom, Remind, School Email DAILY.
- Be sure to use the GCISD HS Band Practice Checklist to stay on track and engaged in class. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ew02J715ccL-VV8HQVi6rve5k9YfQrA_fs_xXXbGees/edit?usp=sharing
- All students should be posting their exit ticket for their week of practice. The link to submit your weekly exit ticket is on the GCISD HS Band Practice Checklist and the band website.
- Every student will have a second assignment posted in Google classroom for next week. Please let Mr. Rees know if you have any issues.
- The Leadership interviews are going so well! We love seeing and talking with our fabulous Mustang Band Members.
- If you are an 8th grader, we have created a special Google classroom for you to help you prepare for your freshman year at GHS! The join code is aan7mel.
- If you are unable to access online resources (Google Classroom, WebEx, GCISD@HomeLearning, etc) please email your band director IMMEDIATELY so we can provide support or make alternative arrangements.
- You need to clean and disinfect your instruments! (videos below)
- Please do not hold student led rehearsals at this time.
- Establish a routine for yourself to keep your life as normal as possible. Dedicate time to growing as a musician every day. Our suggestion is below.
If you suspect there is an error, contact Mr. Rees immediately (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The GHS Band Boosters are very excited to start planning for the 2020-21 band year! We are currently looking for volunteers to fill a couple committee positions. The following positions are available:
Freshmen Football Concession Opener
Jv Football Concession Closer
Concession Volunteer Coordinator
Uniforms- open position to assist the Uniform Chairs
Please contact Rachel Koch or Uma Benzick for more details
Start raising money now!
Scrip Gift Card Fundraiser (always ongoing)
○ Start now: go to https://shopwithscrip.com
○ Enter our school enrollment code:72226A747L87
Hello Band Families,
The Show must go on!! Your Band Directors and Booster Club are working hard on planning for next year’s marching and concert season. As most of you heard on the virtual parent meeting, 2020-21 band fee payments begin May 15.
Scrip Gift Card Fundraising is a great way to raise some (or all) of that money simply by paying with gift cards for purchases you normally make!
In a nutshell, the scrip website has hundreds of gift cards to choose from. You buy the ones you like and pay full price for them. You then receive the rebate (percentage varies by retailer and is listed). Back to your student’s charms account. When it’s time tomake a fee payment, simply let our treasurer, Andrea Galante, know via email. Treasurer@grapevinehsband.com and tell her you would like to apply your credits toward the fee.
For parents of incoming freshmen, you may start with Scrip now and we will track your credits and apply them in charms once your student is promoted to GHS Band.
1). To get started, go to www.shopwithscrip.com, create an account and use our school enrollment code: 172226A747L87.
2). In light of current circumstances, please choose electronic gift cards and pay via credit card or by linking your bank account. Once we are able to receive UPS packages at school, we will do an order that includes physical (plastic) gift cards too. Electronic gift cards can be sent as gifts and will go out in an attractive format to the recipient’s email address.
3). Pay attention to rebate percentages to maximize yours earnings. Often retailers have bonus rebates and your earn a higher percentage. Mark your calendar for May 7th.... it’s Thanks-scripping Day. Many retailers will have bonus rebates that will not be advertised in advance!
GUARD AUDITION INFO
We are still eager to gain 5-10 more students on the interest page. We would love to have a minimum of 20 members (currently we have 18 interested).
Join the Google Classroom: goz6vbr
HOW TO PAY BAND FEES ONLINE VIA PAYPAL
You may pay for your child’s fees easily with a credit card using a Pay Pal account. To use this feature, click on the “Finances” button then choose the “Make A Trip Payment” button. If you have not set up a Pay Pal account, you will be given an option to do so. Choose to pay using your credit card, debit card, or bank account. Make secure purchases without revealing your credit card number or financial information to the GHS Band or the CHARMS system. PayPal offers one of the safest platforms for online commerce with fraud rates at a fraction of those of typical e-commerce offerings. PayPal offers ease and flexibility, accepting all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express), as well as all major debit cards and direct transfers. Please be aware that there is a fee to pay by credit card.
Other links and forms
If you have a broken school-owned instrument that needs repaired, go to the band website to fill out the repair form. Follow the directions carefully.
If you have lost your music and need a copy, WE HAVE A SOLUTION! The form must be completed 48 hours before the time you need music so the librarians can get you copies.