Jr. Scout's Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Katie's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Le Andra's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Kelsey's Email: Kelsey@ilovethetotspot.com
Teacher's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
Welcome: Maddie, Jackson, and Madelyn!
Goodbye: Clare, Enjoy the Scout's Classroom!
Birthdays: Clare - August 16th
August 26th- 1st day of preschool
August 31- Physical due
form can be found on http://ilovethetotspot.com/registration-and-forms/
CLOSED LABOR DAY
October 18th- Trip to Tuttle Orchard
PTO and Vacations
Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Please email Mr. Mike at email@example.com
In the Classroom!
- Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
Fav books for the month: Elmo's Letter Books " L, F, & E", Goodnight Moon, Ladybug says Goodnight.
Table Time: We will be working on math, counting 1-10 (English/Spanish) and classifying.
Sensory, Art, Science:
We're going to enjoy coloring our letter friend of the week, and practice using our five senses as well using art to express ones feelings.
Did you know we have snack math every day? We spend this time working on counting, color recognition, shapes, and vocab. We also have math when we are singing our songs like "5 Little Monkeys, Ducks, or Zoophonics Animal" of the week.
This month we are trying to "pretend" eating and working together in the kitchen.
We're continuing to practice and learn how to use our manners, say please, thank you, and sorry. We are also working on using words to express to our feelings.
Gross Motor/Music & Movement: We're going to spend the month outside! We are going to be balancing on one foot and jumping up and down with both feet of the ground, and kicking balls. For music and movement we are going to be having dance parties along with expressive dance.
Scholastic is BACK! Thank you, to all that have been participating! <3 Our code is HQ686
The Book Nook
The Parent's Spotlight
Would you like to donate?
We could use:
- Storage boxes
- Clear plastic jars (i.e. mayonnaise, peanut butter, jelly..etc.)
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
The Teacher's Spotlight
If you could have dinner with someone who is dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Ms. Alex: I would love to have dinner with my father one more time <3.
- Ms. Kit: Malala Yousafzau because she is one of the most amazing people on Earth and she embodies so much of my values about education and making the world a better place.
- Ms. Katie: My family. like a trip back in time to do a big family Thanksgiving that I could take my current family with me on.
- Ms. Maggie: I would have dinner with Brett Farve because he was my idol going up and my late preschool teacher Marybeth Wood because she would be so proud of me and how far I've come.
- Ms. Kasche: Drake because it's Drake
- Ms. Ayasha: My grandma. Because I miss her being around and cooking for myself and sisters.
- Ms. Kelsey: I would have dinner with my Grandpa. He was such a fun and loving man, I would love to be able to see him one more time!
- Ms. Caylin: Hawkeye because he is an ordinary guy who is good at Archery.
- Ms. Le Andra: Adam Sandler! Because he's freaking hilarious!!
- Ms. Alisha: All my Tot Spot Graduates from 2012 through now. I miss every single one of them. I run into them from time to time and go to the bday parties and games, but I'd love to spend more time with them. It's so cool to see what's exactly the same from when they were babies and now.
Mr. Mike: My Grandparents, because I miss them and they were wonderful people who taught me so much