Dean J Orwig
The capital of East Timor is Dili.
- Population is 1,172,390
- Its most famous mountain is Mt. Ramelau
- North is Phillipines
- East is Papua New Guinea
- South is Australia
- West is Indoenesia
- In World War 2 an estimated 60,000 Timorese died
- East Timor was taken by Portugal
- They are descendants of Asia and Melanesia.
- Rebel attacks left their president crippled.
People and Places
98% of people are Roman Catholicism and usually always wear western clothes.Common drink is tea and coffee and the man of the house is the man.
- They live in dwelling.
- Their diet is mostly veges.
- Girls can't play soccer.
- Cockfighting is a man's sport.
- Can vote when you are 17.
- They import about 90% of their goods.
- Only 43% of their roads are paved.
- Kids in between 6 and 15 have to go to school.
- They use the US dollar.
- Life expectancy 62-male 63-female.
- Got nationhood in 2002.