4th Grade ALP
Growing a Community of Leaders
Highlights of the Programming & Robotics Course
During this time we were also connecting the sensors to the robot and the identifying the importance of where the sensors are connected to, what the sensors do, and how they operate. Once all of our sensors were connected, we were ready to begin!
Throughout these investigations, we mastered many of the basic programming skills such as how to make the robot follow the directions/commands in a sequence, repeat commands (a loop) and how integrating the sensors in our programming sequence has an effect on other commands. We had so much fun completing the investigations and becoming programmers!
Putting all of our skills to the test at the end of the robotics unit, we took on the challenge of an obstacle course. Our programmers came up with creative solutions to navigate the course quickly and efficiently. After their robot crossed the finish line, they created their own obstacle course to program their robot along. Students that finished their own challenge switched with other groups to test out their skills on other obstacle courses. It was incredible to see the creativity in the obstacle course designs and the maneuvering of the robots to travel through them! Check out the inventive creations for the courses and the incredible programming skills used to navigate them by watching the video at the top!
Questions to ask your child:
- What was your favorite aspect of the Programming & Robotics course? Why?
- Can you describe a time that challenged you to think creatively during this course?
- How did this class help you look at the world differently or provide you with another perspective?
- Can you describe to me how you worked as a team member?
- What was a challenge that was difficult for you and how did you overcome it?