September 26, 2021 Community Newsletter
Hello, Parents and Guardians,
What is "Funnel Friday" and why did we host it? It's a tunnel of fun! This past Friday the students were welcomed into the building by our very own Tommy the T-Wolf, along with Hersey High School cheerleaders and student-athletes, and Police Officers from the Arlington Heights Police Department. Everyone was cheering, clapping, and wishing our middle schoolers a happy Friday! While this may have seemed strange to some, it was a tunnel of fun and a joyous way to start a Friday. Many thanks to the high schoolers and police officers who could have opted to sleep in a bit more that morning, but made the choice to spread kindness at TMS instead.
In this newsletter you'll find highlights on the following items:
- 1st Qtr Midterms (Friday, 9/24/21) (Please click here if you are in need of the PowerSchool & Schoology Parent Access Request Form)
- Ruler Parent Presentation Slideshow
- Backpacks Update
- TMS Opt-In Sheild Testing begins Monday, 9/27/21
- Lunch Rotations
- Leaders of the Pack
- Parent-Teacher (Student) Conference Information (A signup will be released on 10/1/21)
Student Council Meeting - Wednesday, 9/29/21 @ 2:45 in the TMS Commons
Anglers Fishing Club - Wednesday, 9/29/21 @ 3:30 @ Lake Arlington
7 & 8th Grade Girls Basketball Tryouts - Thursday, 9/30/21 & Friday, 10/1/21
D25 Institute Day - Non-Attendance Day - NO SCHOOL - Monday, 10/11/21
PTA Meeting - Wednesday, 10/13/21 - 7 PM PLEASE CLICK HERE TO RSVP!
Parent-Teacher Conferences 10/21/21 & 10/22/21 - Non-Attendance Day - NO SCHOOL
D214 8th Grade PSAT - Saturday, 10/30/21 (Make-Up date is 11/6/21) *D214 will send information the week of October 4th! Please be patient as the information is coming!
Thank you and take care,
Greg, Nick, & Lori
1ST QUARTER MID-TERM (Friday, 9/24/21)
All parents are encouraged to log into PowerSchool as this will have essential academic information. Each student should be able to speak to their student skills as well as personal behavior and peer relationships.
After asking your child about their grades, behavior, and social-emotional wellness, if you still have questions or concerns, please reach out to the classroom teacher, team leader, and or grade level social worker.
Starting Monday, 9/27/21 copies of the Think-About-It submissions will be emailed home. In addition, accountability measures for tardiness to school and class as well as multiple Think-About-Its for the same behavior will be implemented. Opportunities for re-teaching expectations will continue to be provided and office-managed interventions will be implemented as needed.
TMS RULER Family Slideshow
Backpacks & Phones In Lockers Please!
Students with medical needs can get approval from the Health Office to carry a draw-string backpack. These can be provided by the Health Office as well.
TMS SHIELD TESTING
LUNCH ROTATION - THE NEXT ROTATION STARTS on 9/27/21
Tomorrow, Monday, 9/27/21 the lunch assignments will rotate. See the schedule below for details.
Please review the following lunch protocols with your child(ren):
- Students in rooms other than the Commons must report to the assigned room first and wait to be dismissed by the lunch supervisor to pick up their free lunch in the Commons.
- Students should remain seated during the entire lunch period while indoors and outdoors.
- Students should clean up after themselves and respect the eating area.
- Students should put their masks on when not eating indoors during the lunch period.
Please click here for more details on food services and lunch.
Parent-Teacher Conference Information - October 21 & 22
On Friday, 10/1/21, we will email out the Meet-The-Teacher sign-up link around 3 p.m.
This year, conferences will be held in-person for the parent, student, and each staff member and will be hosted inside the classrooms. In some cases, team conferences will be requested by the team and parents will be notified of this. For parent-requested individual teacher conferences, you will need to travel from classroom to classroom.
DOES EACH CHILD NEED A CONFERENCE? No, at the middle school level PowerSchool and Schoology offer great insights into a student's academic progress. As a result, not all students do not need a conference. If you are clear on your child's midterm progress and do not have any questions or concerns, we ask that you consider allowing other families to sign-up for conferences as conference slots are limited.
Health Office Reminders - URGENT 6th GRADE PARENT INFORMATION
Sixth-Grade Parents: We have received many physicals, but we are still missing 100+ student forms. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE turn in the state-required physical forms. Physicals are due by October 15, 2021. PLEASE turn in your child's form to avoid school exclusion.
Please send completed forms to email@example.com or drop them off in the office.
Girls Basketball Tryouts
1) Fill out the athletic registration form. If you have already filled out it out for Cross Country and selected Girls Basketball, you do not need to fill it out again.
2) Have an updated physical on file. Physicals are good for 13 months, so in order to be eligible for tryouts, the date must be 9/1/20. In order to be eligible the entire season, the physical date should be 11/16/20. If the registration form is filled out, we can communicate with any students that they need an updated physical.
9/30: 4:15 - 5:30pm
10/1: 3:00 - 4:15pm
9/30: 3:00 - 4:15pm
10/1: 4:15 - 5:30pm
Join the ABC/25 Foundation
Please consider joining the ABC/25 Foundation.
The link to join is: JOIN ABC/25.
The cost is $25 for staff members and $40 for families to join.
The ABC/25 Foundation provides powerful grants that schools can earn which can benefit all students.
If you have questions, please contact:
ABC/25 Foundation President
Please Speak With Your Child About Mask Wearing...
- MASK SUPPLIES: Please make sure your child brings 2-3 masks to school each day in the event that a replacement mask is needed. While we have extra masks on hand, it's helpful for the students to have backups.
- MASK WEARING: Please speak with your child about proper mask-wearing that includes covering the nose.
- MASK BREAKS: These are provided as needed for students throughout the school day.
Click here for details on the SD25 2021-2022 COVID-19 PROTOCOLS & GUIDELINES
TMS PTA - Meeting Wednesday, 10/13/21 @ 7 PM Join us In-Person or Via Zoom!
All parents, guardians, and staff are welcome to be members of the PTA. As a member of the PTA, you are welcome to attend the monthly meetings, share suggestions, discuss events, and volunteer your time.
The Parent-Teacher-Association meets monthly on the following dates:
Wednesday, 10/13/21 - 7 PM PLEASE CLICK HERE TO RSVP!
Tuesday, 11/16/21 - 7 PM
Wednesday, 1/12/22 - 7 PM
Tuesday, 2/15/22 - 7 PM
March - TBD
May - TBD
Do you have questions for the PTA? Email the PTA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2021-2022 PTA Officers:
President: Amy Hoffman
President-Elect: Suzanne Krause
Vice President: Melissa Teuscher
Treasurer: Kelly Spokas
Secretary: Deborah Oiler
GENERAL D25 BUS INFORMATION
If your child is a bus rider, the bus information and bus passes are sent to you by Laura Comastro from our transportation department.
Her contact information is:(847) 758-4888 or email@example.com
Please direct all transportation and bussing questions to Laura Comastro.
NOTE: Students will not be required to show their bus pass until October.