The Preschool Press
September 3, 2021
A Note From the Director
What a busy week we had at ECDC! I hope you have joined your class Facebook page so you can see all the wonderful exploration we are doing each day. Teachers communicate about upcoming events on their page, so be sure to join if you have not already.
Please take a moment each evening to check your child's folder for classwork, notes, reminders, calendars, etc. The Otters, Owls and Frogs brought home permission slips for a field trip this week. Those are due to the office no later than September 8th. Any child without a permission slip by this date will not be allowed to participate.
Mrs. Sarah Seck is our new Coordinator of Family Ministries at Christ the King Church. Please see a message from Sarah below. If you ever need to contact Sarah, her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Week at a Glance
Labor Day-No School
After School Dance begins for those registered on Tuesdays
School Advisory Council Meeting 6pm
After School Dance begins for those registered on Wednesdays
Volunteering and VIRTUS
What you need to do:
- First, VIRTUS Child & Youth Protection Requirements have three components: 1.) the background check submission 2.) adherence to policies, procedures, and ethical standards, and 3.) the child & youth protection education training. Each component needs to be renewed every five years.
- Registration for First-time Users:
- Visit www.virtusonline.org.
- Select “First-Time Registrant” to create an online VIRTUS account.
- Follow the onscreen step-by-step instructions for completing the process (PDF instructions attached as well). We require all volunteers to start this process no later than two week before the date of volunteering.
- Update Existing Account:
- Registered volunteers are encouraged to login at the beginning of every school year to ensure that all personal information is correct. Upon login, your account will prompt you to complete any necessary requirements. Automated emails are sent through VIRTUS approximately one week before they expire. Please ensure that the registered email address is correct.
Christ Care Day
Join with other parishioners in serving our parish AND the community on Saturday, Sept. 11, during Christ Care Day. All families are invited to participate in this outdoor event. With various age-appropriate tasks and the nursery, it is a family affair.
Our day starts with Mass at 8 a.m. (optional) in the church followed by grab-and-go breakfast in the Marquette Cafeteria (optional) and then three hours of service on campus from 9 a.m. to noon. Participants will sign up for the service project of their choice at check-in. Service projects include:
- Campus plantings/landscaping for fall
- (location: all over campus)
- Cardmaking (arts & crafts for kids)
- (location: Porte-cochere)
- PB&J Making Station
- (location: Porte-cochere)
Childcare will be provided. Registration is required. Middle Schoolers may receive service hours
After going virtual last year, we are thrilled to announce the return of Trivia Night on Friday, Sept. 17, at 7 p.m.
Benefitting the RISE Program (Religious Inclusive Student Education), this year's event will take place entirely outside as we prioritize health and social distancing. The night includes fellowship, food, fun and of course, trivia. Additionally, our beloved Cram Session is back (5:30 to 7 p.m.) providing participants a chance to prep for trivia while enjoying cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.
Founded in 2007, RISE supports students with special needs obtain a Catholic education in their home parish. Today, the program helps approximately 60 students with learning differences find success in the classroom through varying levels of support.
I hope you will round up your friends and family as we support RISE.
RISE Trivia Tshirt
Tulsa Rosary Rally
The 5th Annual Tulsa Rosary Rally and Run are coming soon. Mark your calendars to join us on Saturday, October 23, 8:00 am at the Gardens at LaFortune Park. We can’t wait to gather in praying the rosary, seeking Our Lady’s intercessions for the many needs on our hearts. Events include an outdoor Mass, rosary-themed 5k run, rosary walk, and capped off with the popular Rosary Relay. Get all the details and sign up to attend at https://tulsarosaryrally.com/
2021-2022 Marquette School Theme
“Joy, with peace, is the sister of charity. Serve the Lord with laughter.”
– SAINT PADRE PIO