Happy Friday, Lil Steamer Families!
September 30, 2022
From the desk of: Principal Hoese
Lil Steamer Families –
A little over a week ago, our school had some graffiti throughout our school that read “The Captains are Coming!” We asked our students if they had any information, knew of any clues, or had any theories on who it could be, but we reached a dead end with every tip.
Last night, however, this graffiti artist struck our school again. I also received an anonymous letter under the office door that read as follows:
The Greatest Little Elementary School in the Universe is what you claim to be,
But there is so much happening that you cannot see!
“The Captains are Coming!”... that much is true,
And much more in store for everyone one of you!
Clues are everywhere, hidden in plain sight,
Can you see them? What a colorful delight!
We will reveal ourselves in due time,
But do you think you can solve this graffiti crime?
I have shared some photos of the graffiti and the anonymous letter. In addition, I’ve also shared the numerous theories that our students have had in trying to determine who The Captains are.
Fear not, #SteamerNation, I’m confident our Lil Steamers will be able to solve this puzzle and what it means. These Captains are surely no match for our the Greatest Little Elementary School in the Universe!
Student Theories Regarding Mysterious Graffiti
- A fan favorite was the 4th graders because they were learning about graffiti in ART!
- They also believe it could be Mr. Hoese because like in Scooby-Doo the person who brings attention to it is usually the culprit.
- Joe Biden (the captain of America) is coming!!!
- Ours is written in pink. Mr. Hoese is wearing a pink shirt today so it must be him. But he probably can't make good bubble letters like that so maybe it's actually Mrs. Long.
- Mr. Dail because he always does things like this - they said they remember from kindergarten.
- Mrs. Whitney because they say I am trying to act like I don't know when it was actually me.
- Someone in this building is a spy for them. Someone is letting them in at night! Or they have to be really small, like gnomes, to crawl under all the doors.
- Maybe they'll throw a party for us because we are a really good school!
- Mrs. Spencer doesn't write like that. Maybe it was Mrs. Long. And she has ultimate access to the school. And she has been acting a little weird.
- Mr. Dail has been acting suspicious. He said we are a lucky class. Mr. Dail has the technology and the POWER to do these things!
- It's on a schedule. Every 3 days!
- It's color coordinated!
- IT'S DEFINITELY MS. LONG AND MR. DAIL - they would be a good team because she can do the art and he can shut down the technology system!
- What if those symbols mean something??????
- My mom will know because she is friends with Mrs. Long. She's probably in on it too!
- I'm related to Mr. Dail through my aunt because she married someone he's married to so maybe they are working together because we are technically related. And Stacey has to be in on it too because she is Mr. Dail's mom.
- It has to be Mr. Hoese he is the captain of the school.
- The symbols are water, an anchor, a bridge and wheel all thing that go with the steamer boat. I think it's the captains of the steamer sports.
- Gross..the clues are in the bathroom whoever did it picked a dirty place to write it.
- Whoever did this is going to be in big trouble when they are caught.
- I hope the cheerleaders did it!
- SRO Leitzen because we saw him have a pink and purple marker in his pocket the other day.
- The captains of the Steamers
- The captain will be at the parade today
- Mrs. Long because she is a good artist
- Mr. Dail because he is sneaky
- Mr. Hoese because he is doing everything.
- One of my students thinks the symbols mean that they are going to lead to some sort of opening. Meaning that we need to figure out the clues so that we can keep the captains from coming! Very ominous!!
- The rest of the class thinks it is the football captains and they are also ALL responsible for TPing the schools and everyone's houses in my class. Those darn captains sure are naughty.
The investigation continues...
From the desk of: School Counselor Mrs. Meumann
The SEL theme for today on announcements was Feel Good Friday. Students were reminded that all of the teachers and staff at FES want to help them to be their best. Students were asked to repeat “I am supported” to themselves 3 times. Remind your children that they are also supported at home and that they should talk to you anytime something is bothering them.
Band and Chorus
Music Festival Opportunity (for 4th, 5th, and 6th graders)!
Students can choose which type of music they would like to learn about and participate in. Students who are interested should return the permission slip and $10 (checks made out to FES) by Wednesday, Oct 5th.
KB Roots for the Steamer Golf Team
Bootcamp and rainbows in KC
We also did an experiment with Skittles. Do you think cold and hot water have the same effect on them?
3rd Grade Says...
3B Friction Lab
Building Bridges in 3C!
Fourth Grade Conservation Day
4th Grade Continues to Make Progress on the AR Wall of Fame
5 Point Club: Driton D., Drew O., Aidden B., Jonah F., Makenna D., Raegan E., Mallory C., Ainslee T., Hanna S., Elizabeth R., Daly F., Brayden S., Bentley T., Mason S., Emarie D., Logan F., Olivia W., Layton C., Kase W. and Bethany H.
10 Point Club: Orion H., Charles V., Carter W., Norah G., Brailynn R., Paisley K., Kolton B., Ella R., and Sophia O.
15 Point Club: Waylon E., Oliver F., Lukas S., and Landon E.
20 Point Club: Briella M., Harper W., Owen C., Jacob H., and Ethan T.
25 Point Club: Lilianna M., Skylar H., Blake G.
100 Point Club: Tyler H.
We hope you keep encouraging your children to read as practice makes us all better readers.
5th Grade Team Building
Physical Education K-5th Grade
Please check your recycling!
The third grade team is in need of several empty, clear or translucent, plastic one liter bottles with lids for upcoming math lessons. This is a common size of large bottled water, such as Smartwater. If you have any clean and empty one liter bottles please send them to our third grade team. Thanks in advance!