by Laurie Halse Anderson
HOW WILL MELINDA GET HER LIFE BACK?
- 1999 National Book Award Finalist
- 1999 BCCB Blue Ribbon Book
- 2000 SCBWI Golden Kite Award for Fiction
- 2000 Horn Book Fanfare Best Book of the Year
- 2000 ALA Best Books For Young Adults
- 2000 Printz Honor Book
- 2000 Top Ten Best Books For Young Adults
- 2000 Fiction Quick Pick for Reluctant Young Adult Readers
- 2000 Edgar Allan Poe Best Young Adult Award Finalist
- 2001 New York Times Paperback Children's Best Seller
- 2005 New York Times Paperback Children's Best Seller
Everyone is going crazy for this powerful young adult novel! Don't be the last one to read it!
"YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHAT YOU STAND FOR, NOT JUST WHAT YOU STAND AGAINST"
Speak is a social novel that tells the story of Melinda Sordino's freshman year of high school. Melinda started speaking less and less after the beginning of her freshman year. She especially stopped speaking to her friends from last year who have abandoned her. This is a honest and real depiction of teenage suffering through sexual abuse and bullying. This book not only shows the physical trauma, but the emotional trauma that it causes in her life.
READ THIS 1999 NATIONAL BOOK AWARD FINALIST BEFORE IT'S OFF THE SHELF! go to http://lauriehalseanderson.org/ for more information