Falcon Ridge Family Updates
May 16, 2022
News and Tidbits
I hope you had a wonderful weekend. We are heading down the home stretch, but there is still much learning ahead during the next two weeks!
Are you interested in serving on the school board? Please check the website for the application and submit it by May 31, at 3:00 pm. Submissions can either be mailed, emailed, or delivered to the front office.
Our student leadership team is hosting a school spirit week May 16th-20th.
- Monday - Hat day and sports day (represent your favorite sports team)
- Tuesday - Comfortable clothes day (sweats, relaxing attire, school appropriate pajamas, or lounge wear)
- Wednesday - Crazy hair and mismatch day (different shoes/socks, colors and styles that don't match) ***No colored hair***
- Thursday - Twin day (You and a friend or friends dress the same)
- Friday - Decades Day! (Dress up with your favorite decade)
***Please note that the dress code in the Student Handbook still applies to spirit week***
Our character trait this month is integrity, which means the state or quality of being entire or complete; firm adherence to moral values; soundness of moral character. As always, students will have the opportunity to demonstrate integrity at school and may earn a Falcon Card to display on the hall bulletin board. At the end of each month, Falcon Cards are randomly drawn for fabulous prizes. Please check out this newsletter for ideas to have integrity at home.
Have a wonderful week!
Check Out What's Happening at School
Ada County Soil Conservation: 3rd-5th grades
Weekly Progress Report
Just a reminder that we will continue sending weekly progress reports through the 4th Quarter to make sure you are aware of your student's current grades. Remember that you can always view your student's current grades and missing assignments through the Tyler SIS parent portal. If you have questions regarding grades or assignments, please contact your child's teacher.
Falcon Ridge Charter School
Integrity Resources for Parents
Important Attendance Policy Reminders
The Administration and Governing Board recognize that there are special circumstances when a student may need to participate in another event or activity rather than attend class. An absence will be considered “excused” if a parent/guardian provides a written or verbal notification for the following reasons:
- the student could not attend class because he/she is ill
- a physician’s documentation of illness medical, dental, orthodontic appointments with a verifying note from the medical office
- bereavement for a death in the family
- wedding for a member of the family
- an immediate family member involved in State Tournament competition, 4-H competition, or graduation exercise at the high school, college, and military level.
- extraordinary circumstances (requires a review and approval of FRPCS administrator.)
Family trips or vacations are NOT considered extraordinary and are unexcused. The cumulative effect of regular class attendance is critical to the learning experience that Falcon Ridge Charter School offers, which the student misses even when the absence is excused.
Student absence for any reason not specifically listed in the excused absence section will be considered unexcused. Absences (for any reason) not verified by verbal or written communication from the parent/guardian (within 48 hours of student’s return to school) will be considered unexcused.
Average Daily Attendance
K - 98.17%
1st - 93.45%
2nd - 95.71%
3rd - 99.66%
4th - 96.06%
5th - 95.00%
6th - 99.09%
7th - 90.65%
8th - 97.5%
- May 17th: School Board Meeting at 6:30pm
- May 25th: Kindergarten Graduation 9:30am-10:30am
- May 26th: 8th grade graduation 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- May 26th: Kindergarten Screening for all new incoming Kindergarten students
- May 27th: Last day of school (early release at 1:30pm)
- Early release days every Monday (1st-8th grades dismiss at 1:30 p.m.)
**Check out our website for the most updated information