April 15, 2022
Notes from Mrs. Bervert
We are so fortunate to have the partnership of the Shawnee Heights Foundation in supporting our staff and students. This group organizes the selling of the Major Saver cards for all Shawnee Heights schools and this year Berryton Elementary made over $2000 in funds that will go directly towards student experiences. One example of this is the archery unit Mrs. Robertson was able to fund thanks to both the PTO and the Shawnee Heights foundation funds. Our intermediate students have loved practicing their archery skills. A few reminders:
- No School on Monday- Monday will be spend in professional learning in the AM and meeting our newest Buffalos in the afternoon and weekend. We are so excited to welcome more families into the BESt community.
- National Librarian Day- We will celebrate Mrs. Joy Baker, School Librarian on Tuesday, April 19th. Mrs. Baker is passionate about providing each child with books that match their interests and she works tirelessly at getting books into kids hands. We are better because of her service.
- Relocating- As we begin planning for the 22-23 academic year please email Mrs. Tanya (firstname.lastname@example.org) if your child will not be returning to BES.
- Camp Invention- Coming to BES June 13-17- Interested in having your child attend? Sign Up on the form below.
- Student Information Form- We value input from parents as we create class lists for the 22-23 academic year. Check out the form below if you'd like to share information with BES regarding your child's specific needs.
Have an amazing weekend!
State Assessment Schedule
BES and Shawnee Heights Happenings
Cafeteria Menus and Sandwich of the Day Schedule
Upcoming Events in the Media Center
A. Summer Send OffWe will have our annual summer send off which is an event hosted by Mrs. Baker and Mrs. Boyer. Each student will get to pick out a book and take it home. We would love to have parent volunteers to support this event and interested parents should email Mrs. Baker (email@example.com).
Summer Send Off Times Per Grade Level
- 5/16- AM Preschool Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/16- 4th Grade Summer Send Off at 12:30
- 5/16- PM Preschool Summer Send Off at 3:00
- 5/17- Kindergarten Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/17- 6th Grade Summer Send Off at 2:00
- 5/18- 1st Grade Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/18- 5th Grade Summer Send Off at 2:00
- 5/19-3rd Grade Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/19- 2nd Grade Summer Send Off at 1:00
B. William Allen White Reading Contest Awards Banquet- This will be held on May 20 from 7:30-8:45 AM. This celebration honors our students that read all of the William Allen White novels.
C. Summer Send Off Book Fair Family Night- Families are invited to shop our Summer Send Off books on 5/19 from 4:30-7.
Upcoming Dates- 4th Quarter
- 4/15- No School
- 4/18- No School/Kindergarten Pre-Enrollment Sessions
- 4/18- Board of Education Meeting at 7 pm (SHHS)
- 4/21- 5th Grade to Starbase
- 4/21- 3rd Grade to Zoo
- 4/22- Kindergarten to Zoo
- 4/27- Administrative Professionals Day
- 4/29- 6th Grade Field Trip to Wildwood Adventure Park (Manhattan, KS)
- 4/29- 1st Grade to Zoo
- 5/2-5/6- Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week
- 5/2- Board of Education Meeting at 7 pm (SHHS)
- 5/4- Mrs. DePriest's class to KS Museum of History
- 5/4- Kona Ice visiting BES
- 5/5- BES Musical "Lion King" at 7 pm
- 5/6- Donuts with Moms- 8:15-8:55 in BES Gym
- 5/6- 2nd Grade to Mid State Materials
- 5/9- District Elementary Track Meet at 6 pm for Intramurals (SHHS)
- 5/10- PTO at 6 pm
- 5/11- School Nurse Day
- 5/16- Board of Education Meeting at 7 pm (SHHS)
- 5/17- Grades 5/6 Band and Orchestra Concert at 7 pm (SHHS)
- 5/18- 3rd Grade Field Trip to Ritchie House and Capitol
- 5/18- Mrs. Hahn's class to KS Museum of History
- 5/19- Mrs. Berry's class to KS Museum of History
- 5/20- Mrs. Gauntt's class to KS Museum of History
- 5/23- 6th Grade visit to SHMS in AM/ 6th Grade celebration in PM
- 5/25- Field Day
- 5/26- Last Day of School at Berryton
As an elementary principal I enjoy working collaboratively with staff members to support student learning. I am passionate about continuing to learn professionally, and building relationships with staff and students at Berryton Elementary. When I'm not serving at Berryton Elementary I am usually with my husband and two sons. We can be found at sporting events, cheering on Kansas State University, or just enjoying a movie at home.