Words from the Woods
Students who are sick should stay home until they recover. Work missed due to illness can be made up.
- Grades will be updated by Feb. 10 to reflect progress at the midpoint of T2.
- Long weekend coming up! There is no school on Feb. 14 and Feb. 17 for a Presidents' Day break.
- All juniors will take the ACT on February 25 during the school day.
- Students in grade 10 will be in Washington, DC Feb. 26-28, touring museums and historic sites in our nation's capital. Thank you to Rahul Dudhat and Vanessa Costa for supporting this opportunity for them!
- Picture Day for spring sports and clubs is March 9.
- Spring course selection will take place in March for 2020-21.
- T2 ends on March 11. No school for teacher workdays on March 12 and 13.
- The 2020-21 school calendar is posted on the Woods website.
Creighton Irons is our new permanent music teacher;
Arnaud Jacquin will be a long-term guest teacher for Stephanie Derfeuil, who is on leave for family reasons; and
Joy Krawczel is working as our school counselor.
Please help us welcome them to the Woods family!
Opportunities for Students
There are many opportunities students can take advantage of--like summer programs, internships, camps, workshops and scholarships. Students can keep an eye on the bulletin board across from the restrooms upstairs for new postings.
A couple of examples of upcoming opportunities:Teen Climate Ambassadors NC Museum of Natural Sciences and UNC Institute for the Environment offer a STEM enrichment program for high school students to engage with research, field experience, and community resilience around climate change.
SECU People Helping People Scholarship application is open for 2020. Three scholarships of $10,000 towards attendance at UNC System schools per year are granted to students graduating rom charter schools in NC. Interested and eligible students will submit letters of interest to the WCS Scholarship Committee by March 11.
Contact Adrienne Berg
Woods Charter School
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
Fulbright Distinguished Teacher