Media and Communication Occupations
- Description of the job- Editors plan, review, and revise content for publication.
- Aptitudes/skills necessary for the job- Proficiency with computers and a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or English are typically required to become an editor.
- Required training (type of degree and/or certification needed)-Bachelor's degree
- Where you can receive training for this job- college
- Wages (in GA and the nation)- $56,010 per year
- Job settings- Although most editors work in offices, a growing number now work remotely from home. The work can be stressful because editors often have tight deadlines.
- Personalities suitable for this type of job- hardworking, outgoing, talkative, creative
- Other relevant information- Employment of editors is projected to decline 5 percent from 2014 to 2024, as print media continue to face strong pressure from online publications. Competition for jobs with established newspapers and magazines will be particularly strong.
- Using one of the sites in the Marketing Career Development document find out:
- How many jobs are available? 7,200
- what are the wages? $26.93 per hour
- What internships are available in the marketing field? many internships are available through colleges
- What international positions are available? editor's assistant positions
- Using the Professional Social Networks document provide some specific resources for networking. O*NET, Linkedin