Cheetah Chatter/ Manzanita Leaflet
Parent Newsletter Week of 6/1/21
Hello Spring Creek and soon to be Manzanita Families,
The end of this school year is bitter sweet. We say good-bye to the school names Spring Creek Cheetahs and the Matanzas Dolphins. We will start the 2021-2022 school year as the Manzanita Mountain Lions. We look forward to creating a positive school experience for our students and families. Our first day of school is August 16th, 2021.
Thank you so much for being our partners in education, especially this year. In reflecting on this year, we were able to navigate through another fire, PSPS events, a world wide pandemic, zoom, technology challenges and social emotional struggles. We were able to bring back students to in-person learning and provide a distant learning option as well. We created drop off/pick-up procedures that followed the Covid guidelines. Thanks for your patience, understanding and kindness as we navigated through a very difficult year. I appreciate all of our community for coming together this year.
I would like to thank our PTA for bringing our community together during a pandemic. Thank you for organizing fun family events such as Drive-In Movie Night, Drive by Christmas light show, Kona Ice and more. Thanks for supporting all of our Dine and Donate fundraisers. Thanks for supporting school programs such as Walk-Through History and The Bubble Lady. Our school community is so fortunate to have such dedicated and helpful parents.
I would like to thank our hybrid assistants who helped manage drop-off/pick-up, recess duty, instructional assistants, and a variety of other tasks.
Finally, I would like to acknowledge all staff members, teachers, aides, custodians, cooks, office staff, special education educators, support coordinators, interventionist, music, bilingual family liaison, bus drivers and the list goes on. Thank you for never giving up on our students and families!
Enjoy your summer, read to your kids, hug and love them and know that we can't wait for your return at Manzanita Elementary School on Aug. 16th.
Manzanita Staff Line-Up 2021-2022
- Transitional Kindergarten-Desiree' Reynolds
- Kindergarten - Anna Bradbury and Lisa Walker
- First Grade - Christina Mortensen and Morgan Pease
- TK-First SDC- Kate Standish
- Second Grade - Suzanne Chrisler, Tawni Mead (AKA Vrabel) Laura Quartiers
- Third Grade -Jennie Harriman, Kristi Marla and Tammy McGuire (AKA Buntman)
- Second/Third SDC- Sarah Klein
- Fourth Grade - Susan Brantley, Elizabeth Hendrickson
- Fifth Grade - Marcia Hampshire, Kristina Watanabe
- Sixth Grade - Nicole Britton, Celene Schaefer
- Fourth-Sixth Grade SDC Teresa Mendoza
- Fourth-Sixth RVP- Katie Leal
- SCOE Classroom Gale O’Brein
- Student Support Coordinator - Kelly Lister
- School Counselor - Krista Boyd
- Speech Pathologist - Sarah-Maye Miller and TBD
- School Psychologist - Maria Gregory
- Resource Teacher - Patty Schirle and Rachel Renzi
- Music Teacher - Dr. Laura Haupt
- Principal- Shawne Kearney
Our New Manzanita Logo
Fine Arts Week
Order your Yearbook! $20.00 Cash Only Please
Yearbooks can still be ordered with the envelopes that were sent home. If you need a new envelope, please reach out to Sarah in the office at 707 545-1771.
Please report any student absences to the school offices. Due to the increased health and safety rules all absences for students attending in-person learning are very detailed, you cannot call in an absence to your child's teacher. When you leave a message on the attendance line, 707-545-5771 Please completely answer all the questions. This is a requirement per our School Safety Plan.
Daily Home Health Check
- Does the child have a fever of 100* or higher? (stay home!)
- Has the child or anyone in the household been recently diagnosed or is still recovering from COVID? (stay home!)
- Has the child or anyone in the household recently demonstrated COVID symptoms? (stay home!)
- Has the child or anyone in the household recently been directly exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID? (stay home!)
- If you answered these 4 questions "no!", send your child/children to school!
Please read the Parent Handbook, pages 2-3, for more detailed information!
Arrival and Dismissal- Please review for the last week.
YOU CAN HELP US IMPROVE BY:
- Using your turn signal before entering the parking lot
- Displaying your color coded student name plate
- Arriving at your scheduled time and not before
When Dropping a Student Off
1. Please do not show up early. When you show up early it causes major traffic jams in the neighborhood.
We will stagger drop off and pick up times to alleviate congestion
A-G 8:00 drop off, 12:15 pick up
H-O 8:05 drop off, 12:20 pick up start at 8:15.
P-Z 8:10 drop off, 12:25 pick up
1. Pull all the way up before dropping off your child/children
2. Make sure your child is ready to go!
- masks on
- backpack ready
- Name tag displayed PLEASE! if you don't have a name tag, let us know at the entrance and we will provide you with a new one.
3. If possible, don't get out of the car-vehicle. Your child should be able to get out and head to class (we realize this isn't always possible with our younger learners)
When Picking a Student Up
1. Do NOT show up early.
2. When picking up a student please tape the name placards to the windshield or clip to your visor.
- Name placards should be easy to read from 20 feet away
- student name, room number
3. Pull all the way up
4. Do not get out of the car - vehicle
During the arrival-dismissal times there are approximately 100 cars-vehicles waiting to drop off students, your support in making this run as smoothly as possible
is appreciated by everyone involved!
Spring Creek Walkers/Bikers: Please enter at the front gate only. When you enter in other entrances, we will ask you to enter through the front gates because of safety reasons.
Distant Learning Schedule
Distant Learning Schedule:
Learning Unit of Study Packets are due June 3rd. Return to the school site.
Units of Study: If you have questions about your packet, please contact Ms. Lister at email@example.com.
Chrome books/chargers return to the District Office June 4th starting at 1:00.
Covid Testing Available
Sonoma County Emergency COVID Testing schedule. Please note: Everyone is welcome regardless of documentation status, no identification needed, and completely confidential.
Here is the link: https://socoemergency.org/events/category/pop-up-testing/
June 1st Bubble Lady Visits
June 3rd Distance Learning Packets due to the school.
June 4th Last Day of School
Aug. 16th First Day of School at Manzanita Elementary
Odds and Ends
In-Person Students will return chrome books and chargers this week.
Lunch Schedule Times see Good Food News linked below. Free lunch through June.
Summer is Coming! Summer classes start soon. Please consider signing up for some amazing classes for your students. Time is running out. https://conta.cc/3t1bkxO (See flyer below)
Having Technical Difficulties?
Call our IT Hotline at 707 542-7375 EXT:1005 between 8:00 and 10:00 for support or email IT@rvusd.org.
Please take a look at the attachments at the bottom of the newsletter for information and resources.