The Art of Creating Personalized Learning Environments
FMS Edition - April, 2015
PLEF Schedule for April, 2015
Mondays - FMS
Tuesdays - JSGS
Wednesdays - FMS
Thursdays - JSGS
Fridays - WSA
If you need my assistance at any time, it's best to email me. Even when I am in the building, I'm often out and about.
News You Can Use
Trojan Teacher Institute
Click the link to sign up for each week's Institute.
April 13th - Questioning Our Questions
Are you asking the right questions in class to get depth of knowledge?
April 20th - Pump Up Your Brain with Rigor
Are your students challenged? Learn how make sure your lessons are rigorous.
April 27th - Choices, Choices (with Choice Boards)
Use choice boards to keep students engaged and motivated.
May 4th - Is that Question Really Essential?
Learn what makes an EQ essential.
What tools are available to help you formatively assess?
May 18th - Using Stations to Increase Rigor
How can stations increase the rigor of your class activities?
*** Topics are subject to change, but this will be updated as soon as possible with any changes.
- Lesson Syncing
- When teachers access a course within Lesson Builder, they will be able to see which notebooks on their tablet correspond to that course.
- Click on the words “Synced to:” to see exactly which notebooks are connected with that course.
- Read more on Creating and Managing Lessons
- Spring Cleaning in the Amplify Device Manager
- Some apps have been removed from the Amplify Market. If you have any of these downloaded, you may find that they no longer work on student tablets. If you feel that GCS should allow these apps, you will need to go through the App Approval process.
- Don’t Even Odd: Math Free
- SimpleMind Free mind mapping
- Movie Studio
- QR Code Private
- For helpful guides and information, visit our Knowledge Base
- To access this information from a tablet, please go to the Support App and then select “Help Center”
Think Through Math Rewards
Congratulations THINK Nation on another great math year! The THINK Nation Appreciation event is about honoring THINK students, teachers, and administrators, and this year we passed more math lessons than ever before!
Beginning April 15 through May 20, select THINKers will be spotlighted for their outstanding math efforts this school year. Each THINKer will be awarded an Amazon e-gift card as our way of saying “Great job!”
Your students will automatically be entered into the Ultimate Year End THINK Student Drawing when they PASS at least five math lessons between April 15 and May 20. An additional five students will be randomly chosen to win a $50 Amazon e-gift card to celebrate their THINKing this school year!
And we invite you to enter the Ultimate Year End THINK Educator Drawing to end your school year on a high note! Submit a TTM Blog that shares your tried-and-true methods for a successful TTM program and you could win big. We will pick the top blog entries and post them on our THINK Nation Blog page, and those chosen will win a $100 Amazon e-gift card code. Please send all blog entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 20 for consideration.
4th Annual GCS Global Education Conference: Global Teaching, Global Learning
Don’t miss it!!!!! NCEES Standards will be specifically addressed while learning about practical tools and strategies to help your students see the world. Attendees earn 0.5 CEUs, applicable to the required PD for the Global Educator Digital Badge, a great opportunity offered by the state to badge your teaching license with a dedication to global education and awareness.
When and where?: April 25th, 2015-Page High School- 8:00am to 1:30pm
· Registration: GCS-CUI: Global Education Conference 2015
· Website: http://bit.ly/GCSglobalconference
The elementary, middle and high schools with the highest participation of educators receive a Certificate of Recognition of Commitment to Global Education. Last year’s winners were Brooks Global, Lincoln Middle and Dudley High School. Please email Liliana Jordanov, World Languages & Global Education Coordinator, if you have any questions.