May 2nd, 2017
We love our BSE Teachers and Staff. You are present. You are nurturing. You make "their" day. We appreciate you!
BSE in the spotlight!
"Amazing how a simple conversation between educators can spark a cross-curricular, global, enduring learning experience. Thanks to Mrs. Kussy & Mrs. Robinson (3rd grade) from Brooks School Elementary for writing up this incredible HSE21 project to share with us, to Mrs. Patrick (BSE Media Specialist) for the video story, and to the many third graders who, through Wikispaces, are teaching the rest of us about some wonderful, insightful books!"
How did you do this year with the four quadrants of BALANCED Math? How confident are you with math workshop?
How were your students authors this year? Did you model what excellent writers do? Were students given time to write and revise during writers workshop?
Think back to your launch. How will you wrap up your year in celebration of all of the fiction, non fiction, technology, research, and good old time in text that your readers did? How can you begin to think about launching a LITERACY workshop next year with reading AND writing? #mindblown
HSE Summer Launching Inquiry Conference
Wednesday, June 7th, 8am to Thursday, June 8th, 4pm
13000 Promise Road
Are you hearing about the cool outdoor and indoor shifts at Hoosier Road Elementary? Catch Mrs. Haltom, Mrs. Kalustian, Mrs. Stevens, Mrs. Nornberg, Mr. Anders or Mrs. Thompson to hear more!
DATA DATA DATA! NWEA, F&P, RTI oh my!
May is here and so is NWEA!
Classroom teachers are expected to plan ahead for a reading and math assessment in the next two weeks. Suggested dates are below in order to help with wifi and Ipad sharing. Please remember:
- Check Ipads for NWEA Testing App.
- Coordinate with Rich, Haltom, or Gumina for any 504, ENL or SPED accommodations.
- Allow breaks if students are showing they need it!
- Proctor well, walk around, encouraging words, slow students down, speed students up!
- Plan ahead for headphones, Ipads, an extra adult.
- Radio Fatima for help while testing.
NWEA can be accessed here https://www.nwea.org/
- Check ahead of time for your login and password as you may need to reset it if forgotten.
Kindergarten: May 3 & 4
1st Grade: May 3 & 8 or 11
2nd Grade: May 1 & 2
3rd Grade: May 9 & 10
4th Grade: May 4 & 5
RTI WRAP UP FOR 2016-2017
Monday May 15 Grades K/1/2
Tuesday May 16 Grades 3/4
To sign up for your time - please click here and choose the correct tab for your grade level. *One student name per box (2 students for every 10 minutes...ish)
Thank you for your diligence with interventions, enrichments, and progress monitoring. All students receiving support in T2 or T3 for literacy, behavior, or math must be discussed these dates in order to continue services in the fall for the 2017-2018 school year. Many students will also be dismissed at this time and a celebration as NWEA scores will help determine growth from fall to spring. Please come prepared with the following:
- NWEA scores (fall and spring)
- AimsWeb notes (we will pull data up on screen)
- Patterns/changes noticed
- Plan for exit/continue service
- Current Assessments (F&P, Moby, Behavior Charts, etc.)
Fountas and Pinnell Reading Assessments
It is your choice to use the digital or paper assessment, however please make sure you are benchmarking, not progress monitoring with a reading record from LLI.
- Students in RTI must be completed by May 12 (to be discussed May 15/16).
- All student data must be entered no later than May 23 (stay tuned for Excel shared by Megan).
Field Day at BSE!
Thursday, May 18th, 9am
*Rain date May 19th!