HHS Counselor Connect
Welcome Back Wildcats & Parents!!!
The Wildcat Word will be used as a quarterly medium to update parents and students on what is happening at HHS, District Resources, Counselor Updates, and Grade Level Information.
We are excited about this new year and are to support your student academically, socially, and emotionally. We hope that you reach out to us whenever you have questions or concerns about anything going on with you or your student!
Your HHS Counseling Team
Meet Your Wildcat Counseling Team
11th-grade A-N Counselor
HHS Lead Counselor
| || |
9th-grade A-K Counselor
9th & 10th Support Counselor
9th-grade L-Z Counselor
10th-grade A-N Counselor
11th & 12th Support Counselor
10th & 11th O-Z Counselor
12th-Grade A-K Counselor
9th-12th grade Support Counselor
Personalized Counseling Framework
In order to better serve the students of HHS, our counseling team has created a needs assessment survey. We are asking that you complete the needs assessment survey by September 16, 2022.
We have started our first 9-week period. This is your opportunity to start fresh, so take advantage of it!!!!!
- Make sure you are completing all assigned assignments on time.
- Make you are studying in order to pass summative tests.
- If you need help understanding an assignment or new material, make sure you are attending tutorials. Ask your teacher for their specific tutorial times.
- The 6th-week progress report will be on September 16, 2022.
HAC: Home Access Center Tutorial
Guidance Schedule for the Year
Decision-making definition: The ability to select between two or more alternatives to reach the best outcome in the shortest time.
Decision Making is applicable to your life daily. Every day you have to make decisions, whether they are challenging or easy. Making good decisions will always benefit you in the end, you just have to have the ability to choose which way to go.
The Decision-Making Process
- Define the problem, challenge, or opportunity.
- Generate an array of possible solutions or responses.
- Evaluate the costs and benefits, or pros and cons, associated with each option.
- Select a solution or response.
- Implement the option chosen.
- Assess the decision's impact and modify the course of action as needed.
Upcoming Testing Dates
Homecoming Week!!! Aug 29th -Sept 2nd
Open House: August 31, 2022
Houston Community College Campus Visit
Wednesday, Sep. 14th, 11am-1pm
San Jacinto Campus Visit
Thursday, Sep. 22nd, 11am-1pm
Humble ISD District College Fair
Monday, Oct. 10th, 5-8pm
8233 Will Clayton Parkway
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Please click the link to view updates on Advanced Academics, scholarships, counseling resources, Dual credit and much more!