February 7, 2019
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Hello Roosevelt families! Wow...another crazy weather week!
A few brief reminders for the week--thanks for taking the time to stay in the know:
• When weather causes school to be delayed, or closed, these are the following options for staying informed:
Call the District 77 helpline at 386-4777. This helpline is available 24/7.
Watch/listen to local TV and radio for up-to-date weather announcements.
Roosevelt Elementary does not send out information electronically regarding school closings. Weather related announcements come through District 77, using the above communication channels.
• IT'S STAFF SHOUT OUT TIME...At each month's staff meeting, I like to share with the staff the great things that parents say about our amazing Roosevelt staff. Do you have something to share this month???? If so, would you be willing to take the time to share it with me? I'll be sure to pass it on. Your kind words matter and are soooo appreciated!!! Please email me: email@example.com
• Mark Your Calendar: For those of you who like to plan ahead, please mark your calendar...Science Fair will be Friday, February 22 (optional for grades 3-5), Family Reading Celebration will be Friday, March 1, and the K-5 Music Concert will be held on Thursday, March 21.
• Box Tops & Milk Moola: Please remember to bring in all Box Tops and Milk Moola by the end of February. The submission date for Box Tops is March 1st. The next submission date isn't until November so we don't want any to expire over the summer. Also please send in any Milk Moola. Kwik Trip is discontinuing this program so all submissions must be in by March 31st. The PTO thanks everyone for their collections!
• Roosevelt Night At The Museum: Thanks to everyone who came to this awesome event!
• Rocky Time: As you may remember, our theme is STRENGTHS...we have to show STRENGTH in dealing with not having Rocky Time!! The last two sessions have not been able to happen due to weather. That's a serious bummer for all, which I suppose is a good sign as students and adults really value this time! At our Tuesday Celebration, we will kick off the next theme of RESPECT & KINDNESS.
• Late Start & PTO Meeting: Our next Late Start is scheduled for Tuesday, February 12. Our PTO meeting is also that same night--5:30 in the Roosevelt Media Center. Child watch is provided in the gym during the meeting. Please come--all are welcome!
• Roosevelt is a Seizure Smart School: With its dedication and commitment to support students with seizures, the Epilepsy Foundation of Minnesota (EFMN) is proud to announce that Roosevelt Elementary earned the distinction of being a seizure smart school.
Seizure Smart Schools brings students, teachers, school nurses, staff and families together to foster understanding of epilepsy in schools and teach seizure first aid. Schools and families work together with EFMN to alleviate stigma around seizures in classrooms and in the community.
More than 300,000 children in the U.S. have epilepsy, and one in ten people will have a seizure at some point in their lifetime. “Knowing how to respond to seizures is important. Supporting kids with seizures in schools so they can chase their dreams is critical, and we are delighted to partner with Roosevelt,” said EFMN Executive Director Heidi Fisher.
Children's Museum Fun
Great fun was had at Roosevelt Night At The Museum last Friday night. Well over 300 guests attended this family event, a much needed outing after a week of true Minnesota weather!
Roosevelt is so fortunate to have 4th and 5th grade peacemakers who help to solve conflicts on the playground. Their leadership and problem solving skills are an important part of our community.
Snow Hill Fun
The Roosevelt Snow Hill is so tall, and likely to get taller before winter's end! Kids have fun playing up there during recess.