Grapevine Mustang Band
Aug 27, 2021
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- IMPORTANT***All students must complete the TMEA Student Agreement form below and return it to Ms. Irby.
- Itinerary for GHS @ Byron Nelson is below.
- PARENTS -- Hotel info and rates for the McAllen trip below!
- All rehearsals are required events during the school year. Students need to start the year out strong not to get behind in their other classes.
- The band calendar at grapevinehsband.com is your one-stop shop for all dates and times.
- Join the 2021-22 Remind! Info below. Everyone needs to join the Remind.
- The 5th round of band fees was due September 1. Please refer to the Band Fee Payment document for more information. Please note: if you are paying through PayPal and do not send the payment directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, the processing fees will be charged to your Charms account.
- Chaperones needed! Sign up HERE. Have a question? Email email@example.com.
- See below for Band Booster Notes, Volunteer opportunities, et.! It takes a village!
- Lessons are available for all members of the band program. Please go to https://www.grapevinehsband.com/private-lessons.html and set up lessons if you have not already.
- "Transcend" tumblers are available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure yours! We only have a limited number left!
- All Families can raise funds for their individual band account NOW with the Scrip Fundraiser. See below for details.
ACCESSORY ORDER: Accessories will be distributed as soon as possible after their arrival.
1) We have four (10/15, 10/22, 10/29, and 11/05) openings to provide snacks to the guard after the games. Snack will be given to the guard after the game responsibilities are fulfilled and served in the band parking lot. Guard may not have their snack or drink in uniform. We will need additional snacks provided for competition days etc. Stay tuned for those dates. Please email Rosa Garner at email@example.com to sign up.
2) We have five openings on the laundry schedule. This is to wash both the spirit uniform and the marching unitard the kids will wear to perform. The uniforms will need to be taken home on Friday in the garment bags, laundered and returned on Monday hung in the garment bags. Soap and care instructions will be provided to you. We need someone to help 09/03, 10/15, 10/29, and 11/05. We will also need help on competition days, those dates will be provided soon with the snack schedule.
We would really love for as many parents as possible to join our Grapevine Mustang Band Parent Page on Facebook. It's a great place to see reminders about upcoming events and ask questions about activities occurring throughout the year. There are a few reminders though for our new parents joining. This page is for parents only and a private group. We do require all questions to be answered before we approve so if you invite a spouse, other guardian or another band parent to join, please make sure they answer the questions. We approve requests based on info in our CHARMS system. So if someone requests to join the page and they are not listed in CHARMS as a parent or guardian they will not be approved.
We have had great participation on the sign up and volunteer slots. Thank you so much.
We still do need help on the late shifts for some of the JV/Freshman Games, so if your schedule allows please check out the sign up for Thursday nights!
Looking forward to a great season. Go Mustangs!!
We are looking for Sponsorship partners for the 2021-2022 school year. If you know of any business that would be interested in being our partner please reach out with the Sponsorship form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to review the presentation above in a clickable form that you can view at your own pace.
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone. Visit the band website for details.
You may pay for your child’s fees easily with a credit card using a Pay Pal account. To use this feature, click on the “Finances” button then choose the “Make A Trip Payment” button. If you have not set up a Pay Pal account, you will be given an option to do so. Choose to pay using your credit card, debit card, or bank account. Make secure purchases without revealing your credit card number or financial information to the GHS Band or the CHARMS system. PayPal offers one of the safest platforms for online commerce with fraud rates at a fraction of those of typical e-commerce offerings. PayPal offers ease and flexibility, accepting all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express), as well as all major debit cards and direct transfers. Please be aware that there is a fee to pay by credit card.