Ms. Buzil's Kindergarten News
January 29, 2015
Hello Kindergarten Families!
Welcome to Kindergarten Room 109. Here you will find updates and news about what's happening in our classroom. As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or comments! :)
- We continued using our "Super Reading Powers" to help us read tricky words.
- We continued practicing how to read with a partner and how to have discussions about what we're reading.
- We read and discussed a nonfiction book titled "Snow" that was filled with lots of information!
- We also enjoyed reading "Snowmen At Night". After reading the story, we drew and wrote about what our snowmen would do at night.
- We started reading Magic Tree House Book #6 Afternoon on the Amazon. We worked on sharing our predictions about what we thought was going to happen in the next chapter.
- We continued writing true narrative stories that have a beginning, middle, and end. We also talked about including "who, what, and where" into our stories.
- We continued practicing how to share our writing with a friend.
- We learned that every word contains a vowel and enjoyed singing along to a fun video about vowels.
- During Number Corner, we continued searching for patterns on our January calendar and practiced writing number bonds.
- We are working on counting in different ways (by 2's, 5's, and 10's).
- We have continued identifying numbers before, after and in between to 20.
- We are continuing practicing that numbers are made up of 10's and 1's.
- We have continued working on writing numerals from 1-20 the correct way.
- To complete and send back the 100th day project by February 16th.
- Directions to download a math app that we use at school called Dreambox were sent home again this week. This app has really helped many students progress in their math skills. If you have any questions on how to access it at home, please let me know!