Inclusive Return to Learn!
Student Services News
Inclusive Return to Learn : Student Services News
Welcome Every D41 Student
As per our beliefs in D41, we welcome every student to our opening to full in person and full remote learning on Monday, April 19th. Please see our D41 Inclusionary Principles to refresh your minds on how we view every student. Welcome ALL!
As we transition in the coming days, please note:
- While the service model, schedule and teacher(s) or related service provider(s) may change, if you are returning to full in person instruction, we will implement your student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP) or Section 504 plan (504).
- If your student is learning in a full remote instructional model, we will continue to implement your student’s Individual Remote Learning Plan (IRLP)
- Every student’s IRLP will continue to be active and updated until further notice in the event your student or all D41 students need to return to remote learning.
Students Who are Learning in a Full Remote Instructional Model
- You are invited to come to school to receive related services in-person by parent request (requests will not be taken after April 19, 2021) through the end of the 2020-2021 School Year.
- Related service providers are still contacting parents today to finalize these requests so if your student will be learning in the remote instructional model, and you would like in-person related services already indicated on your student’s IEP, please contact your students related service provider, case manager or assistant principal right away.
- The related service individual or group therapy session will be scheduled for day(s) and time(s) as determined by the related service provider with the assistant principal and shared with you.
- Transportation is the parent’s responsibility and we ask you to understand that core instruction cannot be adjusted for time that may be missed due to in-person related service and transportation schedules.
- Schedules may need to change from time to time due to other competing responsibilities, new students, etc,; however, we will try to be as consistent as possible and the related service provider or case manager will notify you of changes. We appreciate your understanding as we want to see your student at school too!
Transportation safety and on time consistency is important to us.
- We have been working with First Student and Hopewell regarding each student’s needs for transportation if your student is beginning full in person instruction on April 19, 2021. To work in collaboration with you,
- Please watch for phone calls, voicemail and/or email messages from Hopewell
- If you do not receive a message and do not know how/when your student will be transported by Saturday, April 17th at noon, please email Pauline Weber at email@example.com and Katheryn Korepanow at Kathryn.Korepanow@firstgroup.com
- We will have additional support at each building to watch for both parent drop-off, bus cab transportation, and student walkers to make sure students are greeted and directed to the right place in each building.
- If you have any questions or concerns as we make this transition next week, please feel free to contact Sandi Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
ESY - Given the circumstances of the COVID 19 Pandemic, the Cooperative Associate for Special Education (CASE) plans to expand Extended School Year (ESY) services from 14 to 22 school days.
At this time, CASE is offering a morning or afternoon session to maximize available summer dates for students eligible for ESY.
This allows maintenance of skills for students who may be impacted by both a disability as well as the effects of COVID 19.
It also allows for continued mitigation efforts for health and safety in the building as our very adept custodial staff continues to fully clean classrooms and other frequently used spaces in between sessions so students can attend in-person.
At this time, ESY sessions are scheduled:
Where: Churchill Elementary 240 Geneva Rd. Glen Ellyn
When: June 8, 2021 - July 15, 2021
Days: Monday - Thursday, (excluding Monday July 5th in observance of July 4th holiday)
Early Childhood: 8:15 - 10:15 a.m.
Kindergarten - 8th Grade: 8:30 - 11:00 a.m. OR 12:30 - 3:00 p.m.
If your student is eligible per the IEP (See ESY Definition & Criteria) and you have not heard from your case manager, please contact him/her right away to assist you in completing the NEW on-line application process this school year.
You can also go to CASE website for more information. https://www.casedupage.com/
Archived Communications: Please also see Glen Ellyn D41 Student Services website for other Smore archived newsletters and helpful resources for you and your student during this transition period.
Student Services Parent Advisory Committee: Finally, please join SSPAC for the May 6th Coffee at 7:00 pm. You can find the link and additional information at: Student Services Parent Advisory Committee (SS_PAC) / Home