The Circus in Room 3
January 4th - 8th
I hope you all enjoyed your holiday break! I certainly had an enjoyable time off, but am excited to be back in the classroom with your little ones!
Classroom Wish List:
We are in need of some supplies to help start off the new year right.
If you are able to donate, we would be extremely grateful!
- Alphabet stickers
- Stamp pads
- Colored pencils
- Baby wipes
- White cardstock
- Dry-erase markers (skinny, fine point)
- Please make sure to send homework notebooks back this week. We will be making changes to our homework requirements and expectations, so please check your child's homework notebook for updates.
- Don't forget to send in completed December BOOK It calendars this week for a free pizza! January calendars will be coming home this week.
- January 6th - Back to School!
- January 6th - Coffee with the Principals
- January 11th - Report Cards Sent Home
- January 14th, 6pm - Date Night with Dad
- January 18th - No School, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 21st, 5:30pm - PTA Meeting
- January 27th - Donuts with Dad
This Week's Learning Goals
- use pictures to make predictions. (Reading SOLs: K.9c, K.10a)
- write my first and last names. (Writing SOL: K.11b)
- write uppercase and lowercase letters independently. (Writing SOL: K.11a)
- write to communicate ideas. (Writing SOL: K.12b-d)
- measure and compare the length of objects using nonstandard units of measure. (Math SOL: K.10)
This Month's Birthdays
January 24th: Lorien Allen