Week of January 11th, 2016
Week of January 11th
- Dickens at Elem Principals' Meeting 8:30-12:00
- DuPree at Asst. Principals' Meeting 12:00-3:30
- TLC Meeting-3:30 in the library
Tuesday, January 12th
- Fifth Grade Instrument Fitting 1:00 at Kellison
- Vertical ELA Committee-3:30 Office
- PSO Executive Board Meeting at 6:45 - library
Wednesday, January 13th
- Kindergarten Registration 8:30-6:30
- CCL Kindergarten Open House
- Sixth Grade Curriculum Night at RSMS
Thursday, January 14th
- Kindergarten Registration 8:30-3:30
- Teach Like a Champion Book Study 7:30 a.m. or 3:30 p.m.
Friday, January 15th
- Supply Lists Due to the Office
- Early Dismissal/Staff Development Day
- Registration Window Opens for Fifth Graders
A Look Forward - Week of January 18th
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - No School
Tuesday, January 19th
- Dr. Cobb Visits Kellison - 10:30-12:00
- Staff Meeting - 3:30 - Library
Wednesday, January 20th
- Vertical Math Committee-3:30 Office
Thursday, January 21st
- District RTI Working Committee Meeting - 8:00-11:00
- PSO General Board Meeting - Stefanie Steffan Presents on ELA - 6:45
Friday, January 22nd
- 100th Day of School
- Sunshine Committee Sponsored Event - Mug Your Neighbor - Library 7:30 a.m.
- Show Choir Performance - Optional Attendance - 9:30
- Kellison Staff Happy Hour - 4:00 Que Pasa
- Fifth Grade Movie Night - Marshall's Miracle
Mug Your Neighbor
Want to spice it up a little bit?
Bring in a new, wrapped mug before Friday, 1/22 (Let's see the unique ones you can find!) and deliver it to Kimberly or Suzanne. When you arrive on that morning, you'll get a number that matches one of the wrapped up packages, which will be a brand new mug to use at our hot chocolate/coffee bar. Don't like these warm beverages? It's okay! Come fill it up with some juice!
ROSE Award Nominations Now Open
The prestigious ROSE Award is bestowed upon individuals who show excellence of character, performance, leadership and service to the Rockwood School District, and is presented to a maximum of 15 individuals each year.
If you are interested in nominating a deserving individual, please visit the website below.
Staff Sparklight - Julie Powers
Here's a little more about Julie:
What did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was little I wanted to be a teacher and a mom - I always played house and school with my dolls.
What are you proud of?
I am most proud of the family that Trent and I have together. My daughters are my "Spark." I love watching them play their sports and just having fun with them at home.
What do you like to do?
I love to take pictures and make scrapbooks with them.
What is your favorite Kellison memory?
I have a lot of wonderful memories at Kellison - I love seeing the excitement on a child's face when they have figured something out for the first time.
Campus Intruder Video/Plan
January 12th: PSO Executive Board Meeting - Allow parents the opportunity to preview the video and ask questions. Parents not on the board will be invited to see the video.
January 19th: Preview the video at our staff meeting and discuss talking points as a large group.
January 20th-26th: Show the video to your students and have a discussion around the talking points the video provides.
January 27th: Conduct a school-wide intruder drill.
The Happy Teacher Challenge
Here are this week's challenges:
Monday, 1/11: Write a thank you note to another staff member for something they've done to help you out or for something they often do for others.
Tuesday, 1/12: Play some relaxing music while your students are working today.
Wednesday, 1/13: Write down three things you think you do really well. Put this somewhere you will see it all week and remind yourself of your strengths.
Thursday, 1/14: Find an inspirational quote that you relate to. Share it with another person, post it somewhere in your classroom or around the school, or put it somewhere as a personal reminder to yourself.
Friday, 1/15: Greet students at the door this morning with high-fives or another fun way to say hello. Try greeting them each by name.