Sperry Top Sider
- There is limited liability
- It is easy to raise money
Paul Sperry started making Sperry' s in 1935 when he was trying to find a shoe that was going to prevent him from falling when working on slippery ship decks.
- He got the idea for the traction from his dog's paws.
- The Cruising Club requested enough Sperry's for each member to keep the men safe while they were on the ship deck.
- During World War II Sperry's were thought to be one of the best shoes for the U.S. Navy
- Sperry Top Sider became popular when the Kennedy's were pictured on a family vacation wearing them.
I would invest in Sperry Top Sider because many shoes trend for a while and then they are not bought and the company loses money. Sperry seems to be a need for many people and a trend for others therefore the company is still making money not losing money.