Ross Round Up
Engage. Empower. Educate. Every Day.
November 3, 2023
Hi Ross Families.
Halloween was so fun at Ross! Staff and students dressed up and enjoyed Halloween music all week, Halloween dancing in Music, Halloween projects in classes, and Halloween parties on Tuesday. We love celebrating this holiday with students in their last two elementary school years.
This week, students completed Progress Monitoring in Reading and Math to see how they're growing. Our academic goals for Ross this year are high growth for all students in Reading and Math. I had student tell me during a class visit yesterday, "Mrs. Tripp, I already grew to above 500! That was my end of the year goal. Now I'm setting a new goal to get even higher." In another class I visited, students lined up to share their growth with me. "I went up 35 points!" "I got the highest score I've ever gotten!" "I went down a little, but I talked with my teacher and I know what to work on for next time."
We love to see students taking pride in their growth and owning their learning. That's what we want for every student that comes through Ross, and that's part of why we love AVID. AVID stands for Advancement via Individual Determination, which means students getting ahead (growing and developing) through their own hard work.
Ask your student how they're growing in Math and Reading. I think you'll be impressed with their responses. We are!
This Friday, Nov. 10 on Veteran's Day, we will host a Veteran's Day Lunch from 12:00-12:50pm in the Ross cafeteria. Please RSVP if you are a veteran or veterans family member that would like to come to Teri Husted, email@example.com.
After School Pick Up Notes
Our goal for pick up is to get kids safely off campus and to families at the end of the day. Thanks for helping us keep kids safe!
Here's the timeline for end of day:
- 3:30 pm: The pick up bell rings for students being picked up in the car line. We release those students 5 minutes earlier than the walkers or pick ups on the road for safety reasons--we want to have most of the cars through the line before walkers are trying to navigate cars as they walk near the road.
- 3:35 pm: The walker and bus line bell rings for those who are walking to their cars not in the pick up line and those who are riding the bus.
Please call the office to let us know if your student is going home a different way than usual by 2:00 pm. We will deliver a note to them before the end of the day to let them and the teacher know.
- Tuesday, Nov. 7--Election Day
- Tuesday, Nov. 7--last day for CAST students to return chocolate money and chocolate bars
- Thursday, Nov. 9--Lego Lunch Recess Club
- Thursday, Nov. 9--Ross Domino's Pizza Dough Night
- Thursday, Nov. 9, 3:45-4:45pm--PTA Meeting at Indian Creek Elementary (all are welcome)
- Thursday, Nov. 9, 5:00-5:30pm--Ross Parent Advisory Committee (all are welcome)
- Friday, Nov. 10--Popcorn Friday ($0.25 a bag, limit of 2 bags)--thanks to Regal Cinemas for donating the popcorn and bags
- Friday, Nov. 10--School Store Lunch Recess Club--school store open for students
- Friday, Nov. 10, 12:00-12:50pm--Veteran's Day--Veteran's Lunch at Ross; RSVP to Teri Husted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, 10:30-11:00am--KHS Music Tour assembly
- Thursday, Nov. 16, 9:00-2:00pm--Select Ross 4th and 5th graders present at the ISBA Annual Convention about Lunch Clubs
- Thursday, Nov. 16--Board Game Lunch Club
- Friday, Nov. 17--Friendship Bracelet Lunch Club and Student-run School Store Lunch Club
- Monday, Nov. 20-Friday, Nov. 24--Thanksgiving Break!
Who are we at Ross?
Each day at Ross we will:
Engage. Empower. Educate.
Our dream is to:
Ignite a passion for lifelong learning and personal growth so students will be successful in college, career, and life.
Our school values are:
We treat others with dignity and respect. We are ethical and humble in our actions. We are COMPASSIONATE.
We hold tight to our convictions. Decisions are made to make the lives of others better. We are LEADERS.
We are stronger and better when we work together. We are a part of a beautiful and diverse COMMUNITY.
We are bold, we take risks, we are flexible and willing to step out of our comfort zone. We are INNOVATIVE.