Pioneer Family Communication
Week of April 17, 2023 - April 21, 2023
Updates from the Pioneer Leadership Team
Today April 17th - Pioneer will be hosting the College & Career Fair! This event is encouraged for all 10th and 11th parents and students to attend.
Thank you for all of your support during testing week! We continue testing for Juniors only. On Wednesday, April 19 all 11th grade student will take the M-STEP. It is vital that all Juniors log off and log on to their AAPS chromebooks at school to install any updates. All Juniors must bring their chromebooks on Wednesday for testing. Students will be called down by last name. Attendance is required all day.
Senior Prom tickets are on sale! Thus far we have only sold 110 tickets of our 450 ticket goal. Tickets cost $100 and include a four course meal and a memento. Tickets are only sold electronically via the gofan site. Please search for Pioneer and Senior Prom. Seniors will need to enter their student ID # in the promo code to complete the transaction. This event is for Pioneer Seniors and their guest only :)
Thursday, April 20 is an early release day. Please review the early release day schedule below.
Have a great week Pioneer!
Pioneer Leadership Team
Ms. Britton, Dr. Hyliard, Ms. Claar, Mr. Hudson, Ms. Bullinger
Pioneer Administrative Team Contacts
9th & 11th Grade - Dr. Hyliard - email@example.com
Athletic Director - Ms. Claar - firstname.lastname@example.org
10th & 12th Grade - Mr. Hudson - email@example.com
9th Grade Dean - Ms. Bullinger - firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT DATES - PIONEER
4/19 - M-STEP Testing - Juniors Only
4/20 - Early Release Day - PD for Teachers
4/21 - 3* Holiday - No Testing for any courses.
GREAT NEWS @ Pioneer!
Bon Voyage Committee
We have our first business sponsor for Bon Voyage! Thank you so much to Willow Pediatric Dentistry for helping to ensure a great event for our seniors! If your business or organization would like to be a sponsor of the party that keeps our seniors safe on graduation night, please contact Jenny Silva at email@example.com.
Follow the PTSO Facebook page and/or Instagram account to stay up-to-date on Bon Voyage and all things Pioneer.
Prom tickets are on sale now, April 3rd through May 8th.
$100 per ticket which includes a four course dinner, entertainment, field tour, and take home souvenir.
A guest pass is required for anyone attending who is not PIO Class of 2023. Guest Pass Forms can be picked up from the Main, Second and Third Floor Offices.
Purchase your tickets now using the Link or QR code below:
Pioneer Testing Updates
MME Spring Testing
The following MME exams will be given to ALL Pioneer Students in 9th - 11th Grades. All students are registered.
*SAT w/essay - 4/12/23 - Class of 2024
*ACT WorkKeys+ - 4/13/23 - Class of 2024
*M-STEP - 4/19/23 - A-L 8am-11am, M-Z 11:50pm-2:50pm
PSAT 10 - 4/12/23 - Class of 2025
PSAT 9 - 4/13/23 - Class of 2026
Questions? Email Dr. Hyliard - firstname.lastname@example.org
PIONEER BELL SCHEDULE
Early Release - 4/20/23
Club Day - 4/19/23
Questions about 8th Grade Extravaganza? Email Dean Bullinger - email@example.com
Pioneer Senior Updates
Class of 2023 Commencement Ceremony
EMU suites will be going on sale Monday, April 3 at 10AM. If you would like to reserve a suite, contact EMU directly by phone at 734-487-3669 (ticket office main line). Reservations are on a first-come first-serve basis. Suites will cost $350 and hold 20 people. Any questions please contact EMU directly.
Announcement Pick Up
If you have placed an order for announcements or any specialty items and have not picked them up from the Class Office, please do so immediately!
TESTING OUT SUMMER 2023
Reminders: Where to find resources for students and families
- Community Resources webpage: a2schools.org/communityresources. We update this page regularly with new resources. Feel free to share with families!
- Community Resources email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any staff person can use this email if you have a question about where to find a resource for a student or family in the community.
Social Service and Partner Resources
- Have a family or student in need of food? Check Food Gatherers!
- Food Gatherers is the hub for food resources. Families and staff can call their office for help with food needs. FG can help connect families to food pantries and/or provide emergency food kits. foodgatherers.org/foodresources/ “FIND FOOD”
- Does a student need medical or mental health services? Try RAHS
- The RAHS Clinics, located at Pioneer, Pathways and Scarlett, are open and available to ANY student, not just those who attend those schools.
- RAHS can help families and students who are under insured or have no insurance.
- Some services RAHS offers: Nutrition Services, Vision/Dental, Confidential Mental Health Services and Psychotherapy.
- See flyers for details: Pathways, Pioneer, Scarlett.
- Questions about RAHS? Staff can reach out to AAPS Health and Wellbeing Coordinator Elyse Bairley: email@example.com
- Have a family who needs help completing online applications for SNAP, medical benefits or other assistance?
- You can send them to the U-M Public Benefits Advocacy Project.
- Flyer here.
- Have a Grandparent or other relative raising a Grandchild?
ACTION @ PIONEER - READY TO LEAD! - HERE TO ASSIST!
Upperclassmen Leadership Meeting is every Tuesday during early lunch in C311.
PIONEER COUNSELING LINKS
*Please report to the Counseling Office if you have a gap in your schedule, you have a class that you have already had, or you have a class scheduled twice.
*Please DO NOT report to the Counseling Office during the week of 8/29/22 for course requests. Counselors are handling all changes via the electronic form linked above.