Troop 310 Weekly Update
Important Dates and Times
Important Dates and Schedules:
3/10- Dress Up Day- Super Hero
3/11- Hops in the Hill- All proceeds support DPS and SEES PTO!
3/13-3/17- Interim Testing
4/03-4/07- Spring Break
Monday: Music (10:00-10:40)
Tuesday: P.E. (10:00-10:40)
Thursday: Music (10:00-10:40)
Friday: P.E. (10:00-10:40)
Fit Kids Opportunities
If your looking for after school enrichment a few third grade teachers are teaching a few of the courses. Below is the description of each course being taught and the link to sign up.
To register for classes go to: www.fitkidsamerica.org
Tuesday- Coding Creations- with Audra Houtchens and Cammie Barnes
"Are you interested in designing and playing games, building apps and making incredible projects? Then Coding Creations is the class for you. This course is a fun and engaging way to become a 21st century innovator. Students learn programming through game like puzzles, tutorials and projects. Kids experience a sense of accomplishment when they work through challenges and create and share their learning.
Thursday-Hot Wheels Speedometry-Cammie Barnes
Are you interested in bringing math and science to life through hands on activities where you will work collaboratively to deepen your understanding of speed, collisions, and energy? In this course, you will get to explore science and math with Hot Wheels. You will create your own course, and use miniature cars to experiment with velocity, angles, slopes, gravity and collisions. With the variety of engaging activities, you will be sure to develop curiosity and a love for math and science.
Art with Mrs. Hughes:
Calling all artists. Do you enjoy doodling? Sketching? Painting? Creating? It's time for art!! Ready to be creative, learn, and have fun? Come and learn about different artists, and their unique style. Then, try it out for yourself! Hands on, and take your project home! Watercolors, painting, drawing, and more! Be ready to express the artist within you!
7 Habits Collaboration with Big Buddies
- Mystery Science: Students will be introduced to our next unit of study, weather through our Mystery Science. We will get the chance to observe weather and make predictions to help us understand how to read weather patterns. Extension: Create a wind vane- If you create one, please send it in, so we can have a discussion about the steps it took and its function.
- Language Arts -Interim Assessment
- Math -We will continue to working on the following concepts: fractions on a number-line, comparing fractions and equivalent fractions
- Writing - Students will be writing an opinion writing based on last week's readings.
- 7 Habits - Habit 4: Think Win-Win-I think about what others want and not just what I want. I am kind to others and try to think about how others feel.