FINAL Volume for 2015-2016
Opportunities & Resources
- MCAC College Connections Center
- Pro Deo Youth Center
Jobs - Jobs - Jobs!
- College fairs/events throughout the Metro & beyond
- The Scholarship "MASTER"
- FAFSA Link(s)
Missouri College Advising Corps.
The Missouri College Advising Corps (MCAC) is excited to announce that the College Connections Center will be opening for a third summer in the Kansas City Metro area!
The College Connections Center provides FREE one-on-one advising over the summer to any college-bound students and their families going to ANY COLLEGE in the fall. Counselors at the Center are trained to advise students on all processes related to college planning, admissions, and financing.
JUNE 1, 2016—JULY 29, 2016
** Center Hours Are 10AM –3PM, Unless Otherwise Indicated**
- MONDAYS - Kansas City Public Library: North-East Branch
- TUESDAYS IN JUNE - Raytown High School * (9AM –2PM)*
- TUESDAYS IN JULY - MCC Penn Valley Humanities Building 029
- WEDNESDAYS - Raytown Schools Wellness Center
- THURSDAYS - Raytown Schools Wellness Center
Pro Deo Youth Center
Check out the NEW Social Work section of your LSN Guidance Webpage!
- Assist AP Readers as they assess Advanced Placement exams
- Hours 7:30a-5:30a (lunch and snacks provided)
- Work 7 consecutive days (including weekends) - June 2-8 and/or June 11-17
You always knew your talent for building s'mores would come in handy; what better way to share your gift than teaching kids to create their own marshmallow masterpieces around a crackling campfire? (Details & Application)
John Knox Village
- People who love older adults
- Relationship builders
- Full-time & part-time available
- Hostesses, cooks, servers, & dishwashers
- Individuals who want to enrich lives & build community
Olympic Pool Management Co.
- Complete an online application for consideration
- Must be at least 16 yrs. old, a good swimmer, reliable, responsible, and have a verifiable cumulative 3.0 GPA
Randy's Lakeview Nursery & Stone
Submit application in person to: 1820 NE County Park Road, LS MO 64086; via fax to: 816/525-1115; OR emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact the Johnson County office at 913/906-8022 between the hours of 9a - 6p, if interested.
Worlds Of Fun/Oceans of Fun
Are you registered @ GoToCollegeFairs.com?
Are you a sophomore or junior planning to attend college fairs next Fall? You can pre-register for most of the fairs in our area to maximize your time at the fair(s):
- Students can visit more colleges/universities
- Students provide information one time through our simple, online registration page instead of dozens of times on paper at fairs
- Increase face-to-face time with admissions officers
The Scholarship MASTER
I'm so excited to see so many of you utilizing this tool! Scholarship searches do take a considerable amount of time but can pay off big-time in the long run. I challenge you to make this your "8th class", starting as early as your Sophomore year, all the way through your final semester in college. Consider dedicating a minimum of two hours per week to your search. This way, you can break it into manageable chunks and get familiar with the process early on, easing the stress of last minute searching. Statistics show that, on average, you will earn one scholarship out of every 10 applications. Ready....and.... GO!
Cameron Impact Scholarship
- Deadline: May 27, 2016
- Renewable, merit-based, covering full "educational expenses" for up to four years at ANY collegiate institution
- HS Seniors
- Min. 3.7 GPA
- Intended for students who seek to use their gifts and talents to make a positive impact in their communities
Horatio Alger Association Career & Technical Scholarship Program
- Deadline: June 1, 2016
- Up to $2,500
- HS Senior
- Committed to completing a career or technical certificate/degree
Patriot Guard Riders of Missouri Scholarship
- Deadline: Apr. 1, 2017 (yes, 2017)
- Student is a son/daughter of a member of the U.S. Military lost in the line of duty, or who have passed after their honorable discharge -OR- is a son/daughter of a first responder (police/fireman) lost in the line of duty
(Test Date / Registration Date / Late Registration Date ($25 late fee)
June 11 / May 6 / May 7-20
YOUR LSN GUIDANCE TEAM
Rebecca Seitz (A-D) 986-3036 email@example.com
Robin Gray (E-La) 986-3020 firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Hillbrand (Le-R) 986-3018 email@example.com
Shelley McCain (S-Z) 986-3021 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tina Faulker (Social Worker) 986-3003 email@example.com
Karla Barnhill (Registrar) 986-3017 firstname.lastname@example.org
Valerie Meuschke (Admin. Asst.) 986-3003 email@example.com
J. Keltner (College & Scholarship Coor.) 986-3051 firstname.lastname@example.org
Harris Deutsch (ReDiscover) 986-3087 email@example.com