JBD FAMILY FOCUS
April 2, 2021
Dear JBD Families,
We are looking forward to a nice break this coming week. If you are staying home or traveling, please be safe and enjoy the family time!
A big thank you to the PTA for the amazing virtual Bingo and Auction! This unprecedented event was a huge success! Driving this train were Ashley Cizerle, Sarah Winstead, Wanda Jean Cover Wilson, and Shell Smith along with our fabulous auctioneer, Mr. K! Your efforts are greatly appreciated!
When we return to school, we look forward to finishing the year strong! In spite of all the challenges, the students have shown great progress in both our face-to-face and virtual classes. Everyday, JBD Seagulls are soaring high and I could not be more proud of their efforts. Without the fabulous support from home, we could not do what we do for your children. We truly appreciate you.
Have a wonderful break!
THANK YOU MRS. MARKERT!
APRIL IS THE MONTH OF THE MILITARY CHILD
April 1: Teacher Assistant Appreciation Day!
April 2: Bunny Ears Spirit Day!
April 2: Adjusted dismissal for ALL staff and students
Students dismiss @ 12:20 p.m.
April 4: Happy Easter!
April 5- 9 : Spring Break ~ ENJOY!
April 13: Military Hero Day
April 13 - May 12: Ramadan
April 14: Adjusted dismissal for students ONLY 12:20. p.m.
3rd marking period ends today
April 14 - 27: Virtual Scholastic Book Fair
April 19-23: Public School Volunteer Week!! Thank you Volunteers!
April 19-23: Administrative Professionals Week
April 21: PURPLE UP for Military Kids!
April 26: Deadline to order a JBD Yearbook - details below!
April 27: Online Kindergarten Registration starts today!
VIRTUAL SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR COMING SOON!
You’re invited to shop our Scholastic Book Fair online from April 14 through April 27, 2021! All purchases benefit our school library and connect kids with new books, favorite characters, complete series, and more.
You’ll love the NEW option to shop for Book Fair exclusives directly from the interactive booklist and enjoy these special online shopping features:
· Over 6,000 items, including new releases, best sellers, and value packs
· All orders ship direct to home
· FREE shipping on book-only orders over $25*
· All purchases support our school library and earn 25% in rewards
COMING SOON: Book Fair Homepage!!!
This is the link for the online fair.
It will go live on April 14 through April 27.
Mrs. Susan Hardesty
*Free standard shipping is available on book-only orders of $25 or more, after all discounts are applied. Free standard shipping (books) must be selected during checkout. Orders containing products other than books are not eligible for this shipping promotion.
Once you have completed & we receive your online registration you will be called for an appointment to come to school and bring the following documents and complete your registration:
- Two proofs of residence/address (lease agreement/mortgage statement and current gas, electric, or water bills)
- Certified birth certificate
- Physical examination report (Virginia Form MCH-213Gdated within 12 months prior to starting kindergarten)
- Current immunization records (verified on Virginia Form MCH-213G, public health department form or an immunization document from a qualified physician or licensed nurse practioner)
- Two current emergency contact phone numbers
NEWS FROM OUR MILITARY COUNSELOR
- Free resource from the USO, primarily the program is based for military couples and first responders to help better manage their experiences and a variety of life stressors. https://strongerfamilies.com/what-we-do/
- Services for a local TV show called Living 757. The organization is called Trails of Purpose and is a local charity in Chesapeake that provides COMPLETELY FREE Therapy for Military Members with a primary focus on Equine Assisted Therapy. They have a great FB page and Website that has more information at www.Trailsofpurpose.com. It is an amazing organization and has opportunities for involvement beyond just receiving therapy services for both clients and professionals.
- SECO - Spouse Education and Career Opportunities. Hiring Fair - www.msephire.vfairs.com
MWR Digital Library
Expanded Child Care Options
Love Every Day - digital resilience tool for couples
- Big Brother, Big Sister (for military children) = Operation Big for 5th - 9th graders
Adding extra support person to “defend their potential” – match can be for 1 year+
Flexible, does not have to be active duty military affiliation
If you are moving, no problem there are programs all over and they will assist you for your next duty station. https://www.bigbrobigsis.com/mentoring-program.html
Jennifer Minges, LCSW
Military & Family Life Counselor (MFLC)