Gerald E Talbot Community School
Welcome to the 2022-23 school year! It was wonderful to see students back in classrooms today! We had a very smooth first day with lots of smiling faces on students and staff. We are looking forward to having our Kindergarten and PreK students join us on Thursday this week.
As the new school year gets underway, I want to welcome you as our partner in your child’s education. At Gerald E Talbot Community School, we truly value your involvement and collaboration with your child’s education. We look forward to working together to help your child succeed in school and the future.
At Talbot, one of our greatest priorities is ensuring that all students arrive safely to school each and every day. Arrival and dismissal can be hectic so we intentionally established traffic patterns to safely manage heavily congested areas at these times. For safety reasons, it is important that everyone follow the same procedures for arrival and dismissal of students every day. Here are some tips for making morning drop off and end of day pick up run smoothly:
· Talbot School hours are 7:40-2:10. Breakfast is served in classrooms between 7:25-7:45. Students may NOT be dropped off before7:25. There is no adult supervision before school.
· During drop-off and pick up times, please use the parent loop at the far end of the school building near the playground. Drop-off should be a kiss-and-go. If parents need to park, please pull into a parking space to allow for a smoother traffic pattern for others. Thank you for remembering that the visitor loop out front is only to be used for drop off by families with students in PreK or the Bridge program. The bus loop is only to be used by buses. The front doors are for bus students during drop off and pick up times. Students arriving after 7:45 may use the visitor loop for drop off.
· Please be sure to obey all the speed limits on and surrounding the school grounds to keep students safe during drop off and pick up.
· Please notify the school office if there are changes to your child’s regular dismissal plans as early as possible, but NO LATER THAN 1 PM. After this time, the message might not make it to the teacher and child. Any changes require a parent/guardian to contact the school through note, email or phone call (874-8210). Please be sure to let us know if someone other than you will be picking up your student. When someone arrives to pick up a student who is not known or recognized by staff, we will not release the student to that person until we have confirmation from the parent/guardian that they have permission to dismiss your child. If they are on the contact list, but not someone that is recognized, they will be asked to show an ID.
· Dismissal is at 2:00 for PK students and 2:10 for all other students. Thank you for being on time to pick up your child after school. Talbot staff is not able to supervise students after school due to the need to attend meetings right after dismissal. If you are in need of child care after school, please call the Rec Program at 207-808-5449.
Wednesday, September 7, Early Release- 1:10 Dismissal
Thursday, September 8, PreK and Kindergarten Students Start Day
Thursday, September 15, PTO meeting in Media Center, 6:00
Wednesday, September 14, Early Release- 1:10 Dismissal
Wednesday, September 21, Early Release- 1:10 Dismissal
Looking forward to a great year!
Mrs. Ann Hanna