Roadrunner Updates School Reopening
March 19, 2021
- Para traducir a su idioma preferido, por favor oprima el botón que dice "translate newsletter" en la cajita negra a la derecha.
- To translate to your preferred language, please click the button that says "translate newsletter" in the black box to the right.
📑Welcome to Phase II Hybrid Learning📕
Dear Larsen Parents and Guardians,
Here are some frequently asked questions for our school reopening:
- What group is my child in? What days will they be attending school? If your child is in Cohort A: they attend school on campus Monday and Wednesday and Remote days are: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. If you child is in Cohort B: they attend school on campus Tuesday and Thursday and Remote days are: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. *Please note* If you have specific questions about the cohort your child is in, please call the office..
- Should I wait until my child goes through the gates before I leave? Yes, please do a passive screening before bringing your child to school to check for fever. Once the students arrive, campus assistants will also do an active screening to check for fever. If their temperature is above 99.5, then they will not be able to stay at school.
- Should my child bring a snack to school? Yes, you are welcome to send a snack with your child. There will also be a snack provided from our cafeteria during a 20 minute nutrition/recess break. This snack will be at no additional cost to our families.
- What if I forgot my mask or lost it? We will have disposable masks on our campus and in our classrooms.
- Can my child wear a face shield with a mask? Yes. As long as the face shield is not a distraction we welcome both face coverings.
- Can I come on campus and walk my child to their classroom? No, at this time, we are not having any family members on campus. We understand that this could be a challenging time for some of our students, however for contact tracing purposes we cannot welcome families at this time.
- Does my child have to wear a school uniform? No, students will not have to wear a school uniform for the remainder of this school year, but if you have one it is encouraged.
- What does my child need to bring with them to school? Your student's teacher will inform you what they will need to bring with them.
- What are the new school office hours? Monday-Friday 7:30-1:00 PM, outside of these hours, by appointment only.
Click the link below to view the Hueneme ESD Covid-19 Safety Plan
PLEASE UPDATE OR TURN IN YOUR CHILD'S CARD IN THE FRONT OFFICE
March 29- The first day of instruction for Transitional Kindergarten(TK), Kindergarten, Grade 1, and Self Contained Classrooms for Specialized Programs in grades TK-5.
April 19th- The first day of instruction for grades 2, 3, 4 and 5 immediately after Spring Break.
Spring Break- April 5 - 16th.
We will still have two cohorts, Group A and Group B.
- Group A - Attends school Monday and Wednesday
- Group B - Attends school Tuesday and Thursday
- Friday is a remote learning day or all.
Again, please remember we are here to support you and your student. Don’t hesitate to call or email us with any questions or concerns.
PLEASE REPORT YOUR STUDENT'S ABSENCES
If your child will be absent, please call the school and report the absence to our attendance clerk at (805)986-8740. Also, please bring any doctor's notes or necessary documentation to excuse an absence to the school office or email it to Attendance Clerk, Ximena Lopez at email@example.com .
CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
CURRENT OFFICE HOURS
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM,
We can also help you outside of these hours by appointment.
NEW OFFICE HOURS BEGINNING March 29, 2021
7:45 AM - 4:00 PM
There are many ways to get in contact with your teacher.
- Contact your teacher during his/her office hours
- Dial (805)986-8740 and your teacher's extension
- Check in to your synchronous classes each day
- Seesaw or Google Classroom