District Staff Monthly E-Newsletter

Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2020

Tiger Athletics Winter Sports

Check out the latest scores and schedules for basketball, bowling, boys' swimming, and wrestling.

New Staff Lunch Ordering System

The WDMCS Nutrition Services Department is offering a new lunch ordering system to staff members at Indian Hills Junior High, Stilwell Junior High, Valley Southwoods Freshman High School, Valley HIgh School, and the Learning Resource Center.

The online system allows staff members to choose from several $3 soup, salad, and sandwich options to create delicious custom lunches that can be picked up in your building. Order by 9 a.m. for day-of orders, or up to 30 days in advance, and select the pick-up time slot that works best for your schedule. The LRC has one 11 a.m. pick-up time.

Keep your lunchtime speedy and delicious with the new staff lunch ordering system from WDMCS Nutrition!

>> Order a Lunch Now (for Jan. 21 and beyond)

Big picture

Valley Hall of Honor 2019-20 Inductees

Hall of Honor 2020 Inductees

RIC 403(b) Eligibility Notice

What is the RIC 403(b) retirement savings plan benefit?

You have the opportunity to save for retirement by participating in our 403b plan offered through the Iowa Retirement Investors’ Club (RIC). You may participate by making pretax contributions (and post-tax Roth if allowed) to one of the RIC investment providers.

How do I contribute to the 403b plan?
To contribute, you must open an account with one of the RIC investment providers and submit the RIC 403b Salary Reduction Form (https://das.iowa.gov/RIC/403b/documents) to our payroll office. Provider information is available at https://das.iowa.gov/RIC/403b/providers.

How much may I contribute?

The 2020 regular contribution limit is $19,500. If you are age 50 or older, the limit is $26,000. A catch-up contribution option (up to an additional $3,000 per year for 5 years) may be available if you have been our employee for at least 15 years and your average annual contributions have been $5,000 or less. Salary reductions may be changed or stopped at any time by completing the RIC 403b Salary Reduction Form.

What if I am already contributing?
Take full advantage of your benefit! Consider increasing the amount you are saving for retirement (up to the maximum limits). If you wish to change the amount you are contributing, simply complete and submit a RIC 403b Salary Reduction Form to our payroll office. As an additional benefit, you also have the option to save in our RIC 457 plan. For information about our RIC 457 plan, go to https://das.iowa.gov/RIC/PSE/plan_details.

How can I find out more?
Information is available at https://das.iowa.gov/RIC/403b. You may also contact the RIC providers (see https://das.iowa.gov/RIC/403b/providers), or RIC toll-free at 866-460-4692, option 1. If you currently participate, you can call your investment advisor to review your account and retirement income goals.

We are WDMCS Newsletters

Check out previous editions of We are WDMCS.

School/Community Relations

Laine Mendenhall-Buck


Alexandra Wade



Aaron Young