2015 Year In Review
Sports & Entertainment Marketing - Mr. Carfang
Three Companies that Marketed their Companies the Best
- Apple marketed themselves very well in 2015. They came out with they apple watch and they also came out with the IPhone 6s. They are always coming out with the newest technology that keeps them in front of other companies.
- Nike also marketed themselves very well in 2015. Nike always has commercials on TV so people recognize their brand. They also get very famous people to be on commercials so people who are into sports recognize them very well.
- Another brand that was successful in marketing in 2015 was Alex and Ani. I had never heard of their brand before this year and I had never seen a commercial from their company. Their bracelets are designed to go together so it isn't a one time buy. I've also seen a billboard with Alex and Ani on it so they are using a lot of different marketing startegies.
Best Products of 2015
- IPhone 6s
- Amazon Fire Stick
Worst Products of 2015
- Hover board
- Nexus 6 (phone)
Top Movies and how they were Marketed
- Star Wars was a very successful movie of 2015 because they marketed it very well. They have a lot of movies within the series so they used the fans they already had and made them really excited about the new movie. Since they have such dedicated fans they had them go and tell other people about this movie. It was the top-grossing movie which shows that it was marketed very well.
- Jurassic World was another very successful movie of 2015 right behind Star Wars. They have also had other series movies so they had a similar marketing strategy to Star Wars. They used the fans they had from previous movies to get new fans involved.
Each movie used what had already been built to create a buzz about the new movie. They also used prior actors from the series to generate an excitement as well as advanced product placement and advertisement well prior to the movies coming out.
Top Music Artist of 2015
- Justin Bieber marketed his music very well in 2015. He released his album "Purpose" in 2015 and many of his songs became very popular/mainstream. He has done a lot of interviews where he talks about reinventing himself because he knows he hasn't made the best personal choices. Some of his songs are meant to relate with the listener which makes them more desirable to listen to.
- Adele became very popular again in 2015 because she came out with her song "Hello". This song was played on the radio over and over again. It really connected with some of the listeners which is why a lot of people really seemed to like this song. She soon came out with her newest album after that single was released which made some of her newer music popular as well.
Top Ten Songs of 2015
- Hello by Adele
- Sorry by Justin Bieber
- Love Yourself by Justin Bieber
- Hotline Bling by Drake
- What Do You Mean? by Justin Biber
New Year's Resolutions
Personal Improvement- Eat healthier snacks while I'm at school
Family and Friends- Enjoy more family gatherings and be less grumpy in the mornings
School and the Other World- Be the best Assistant Lacrosse Coach at Centreville HS