ThursdayOctober10Report Cards Go Home
ThursdayOctober10Funtrackers Atkinson, Falany, A. Morgan, Ready, Jackson, McAliley, Ames, CooperGood Choice
ThursdayOctober10NAS Fire Department Demonstration on Campus (See Schedule)3rd Grade Only
ThursdayOctober10Running Club Try Outs4th Grade
FridayOctober11Funtrackers Fordyce, Tweddle, Messina, S. Morgan, Robinson, Steward, Kaspar, ClarkGood Choice
Monday-FridayOctober7-11Fire Prevention Week
MondayOctober14Brooke Stone Birthday
WednesdayOctober16National Boss's Day
ThursdayOctober17Dyslexia Awareness Day-Wear Red
ThursdayOctober17Dyslexia Awareness Night (District)7:00 PMElementary Library
After School or Before School Tutorials
This can be for RTI purposes or just homework help.
Targeted Improvement Plan
1)Develop campus instructional leaders with clear roles and responsibilities.
2)Objective-driven daily lesson plans with formative assessments.
Some specific areas in this plan that teachers can help with are the following:
1) Post objective on board daily in student friendly language. Refer back to the objectives often and make sure the students are making those connections.
2) Have a thorough understanding of your TEKS by individualizing grade level lesson plans and making them your own before uploading them to Google drive.
3)Be prepared for weekly PLC meetings. Bring critical information to share about the lessons, how could the objective be taught better next time or what went well this time? What resources allowed students to think critically for themselves? Etc...
4)USE US and USE DMAC as your resource with data and helping students make progress.
As a SBDM team we did identify several barriers and of course TIME is our biggest barrier.
Another barrier, especially this year, is the variation in levels of students. So differentiation is a key.
Thank you so much for all you do. It is a challenge we know. PROGRESS. It is my GREATEST HOPE FOR ALL OF MY STUDENTS!!!!!!! Even if it is in the littlest thing these days...
Bluff Buy Donations
September/October Pictures Video
Please add any pictures here from September/October for my November Newsletter video. Make sure students are good for public. Please include pictures from Dot Day, Constitution Day, Parent Orientation, Patriot Day, anything else fun :).
Formal Observations & Informal Walkthroughs
Staff Halloween Luncheon
Wednesday, Oct. 30th, 11:30am to Thursday, Oct. 31st, 1:30pm
STEM LAB and COMMON AREA
Positivity Project Week Six: INTEGRITY
(And here is last weeks (OPMM-BEING PRESENT) just in case you're keeping track.... https://docs.google.com/document/d/12zMNPNjqgA5MwaCbPjtcgaY23EcfpUK2VzOIP-aJPoY/edit?usp=sharing )
In honor of our dyslexia students, Flour Bluff ISD is asking all students and staff members to wear red on Thursday, October 17th.
Also, on Thursday, October 17th at 6:00 p.m. in the Primary/ Elementary Library, Flour Bluff ISD will be hosting a Dyslexia Awareness Night for Families.
We will have lots of information to share with all community members, such stories from dyslexic student & staff member, activities to do at home, information about Reading by Design (FBISD dyslexia intervention program), and free online resources.
We hope your family will be able to attend.
In addition, FBISD has created a website to support family members with dyslexic: https://sites.google.com/flourbluffschools.org/dyslexia4parents/home
From Mrs. Villarreal
Deadline to complete the Red Ribbon Week door decorating contest will be on 10/25/19. Judges will be here on 10/28/19 to pick the winners.
From Mrs. Cristan
In last week’s brief I communicated the events of our 1st perfect attendance recognition, we needed to
tweak it a bit due to the number of students.
- Recognition is the Friday at the end of the day
- Originally students were to meet in Commons area, but due to the number of students being recognized, we are moving it to the cafeteria.
- They are getting popsicles.
- End of the day last 20 minutes (we will make an announcement)
- Invites will be sent out to students to inform them.
Fire drill on Monday, October 14th, at 9:45 a.m.
From Mrs. Hoover
- ESL spreadsheet tab 2 due October 10th
- Writing Benchmark 4th grade is October 22nd, accommodation pages will be sent out soon. Make sure to read and correct in a timely fashion. Come and talk to me if you have questions.
- I am still working closely with HMH to fix the student/class issues. Hopefully, this will be corrected this week. I will keep you posted.
- Interim assessment data is now available in DMAC.
- Email what day and time you tutor by Friday, October 18th.
Wednesday, Oct. 30th, 3-5pm
RSVPs are enabled for this event.