The Mata Memo
August 24, 2021
Dear Mata family,
There is so much going on in the world, but it is no match for the staff, the educators and students here at Mata Montessori! We started the week with a bang, and we are here today making no excuses for the work that has to be done to accelerate learning for our kids. This week we are focusing on establishing environments, as well as implementing systems for our children. We are focused on creating high expectations for the students.
Let's have a great week!
Tomeka Middleton Williams
Please read the memo carefully for information regarding:
- Calendar at a Glance
- Texas Compulsory Attendance Law
- Parent Contact Form
- Mata PTA meeting and how to join
- Open House
- Annual Title I Meeting
- Bus Bulletin and Bus Routes
- Free Home Internet
- Specials and Elective Remind Codes
- School Supplies
- Drop off and Pick Up Updates
- YMCA aftercare
- Campus Visitor Procedures
- Uniform Policy and Reminders
- Student Technology Updates
- School Meal Viewer
- Family and Community Engagement Survey
- Dallas ISD Safety Protocols
- Mata Positive Staff Referrals
- and, much much more!
Texas Compulsory Attendance Law
Please read, review, sign and scan a signed copy of the General Attendance Agreement Pledge and return it to school.
Please email it to Ms. Lorena Sosa our registrar, at Lososa@dallasisd.org
Please complete the form below:
The First PTA Meeting is August 31
Join us August 31 at 6 pm on Zoom for the first PTA Meeting.
¡El Primer Reunion de PTA es el 31 de Agosto!
Únase a nosotros el 31 de agosto a las 6 pm en Zoom para la primera reunión de la PTA.
Mata's Annual Title I Meeting
We will inform parents and families of our school’s participation in Title I, explain the requirements of the Title I, Part A program, and explain the right of parents to be involved. Please mark your calendar to join us!
Bus Bulletin is an application available to all parents to keep you informed about delays or other situations that may have an impact on transportation pick-up and drop-off times. The first step will be to create an account and register here: https://app.busbulletin.com/register.php. Once you create an account, you will receive AM and PM notifications for any delays with the routes associated with your account. Bus Bulletin can be accessed by a web browser at www.busbulletin.com or can be downloaded in the App Store.
If you don’t have an account yet, we encourage you to sign up.
Eduardo Mata Bus Routes
Free Home Internet
Students who are without home internet have the opportunity to apply for a high-speed free home internet connection for the 2021-2022 school year.
The application deadline is Aug. 31, and families can visit https://tinyurl.com/dallasisdinternet to apply.
A home wired internet connection provides more reliable internet service than mobile hotspots.
Need help or have questions?
Call the Dallas ISD Connectivity Hotline at 972-925-6000.
2021-2022 Specials & Elective Remind Codes
School Supplies for 21/22
Drop Off and Pick Up Information
First, I would like to say thank you so much for your patience and positivity as we have worked through our dismissal process! We are proud to say that we have gotten better every day!
There are a few reminders that we would like to ask of you.
- If you are in the car line, please do not get out of your vehicle, we will ensure that your child comes to you.
- Please do not ask your child to walk to your car on Grand or La Vista. This makes for a dangerous situation. If you have signed your child up to be a walker, they should walk either down the Santa Fe Trail or across to the crossing guards.
- Please remember to use your Orange sign. If you need one, please contact the main office.
- Please tell your child to go with their youngest sibling. For example, if the youngest is in 1st, your child will wait in the auditorium with their sibling. If your youngest is in primary, they will come outside and stand with that teacher.
- Drop off begins at 7:15 AM.
- 1st- 8th Grade students may be dropped off at the main entrance. Prek-K students will report directly to class, 1st-3rd grade students will report to the gym, 4th-6th will report to the auditorium, and 7th-8th grade students will report to the cafeteria between 7:15-7:30 AM. All students arriving after 7:30 will report directly to class.
- Please drop off Pre-K-K students on the La Vista drive nearest the library. Students will report directly to their homeroom class.
- If you have multiple children, you may drop them off at the site for the youngest child.
After School Pick Up (Updated):
You will be given a carpool sign to use at pick-up daily. Please be patient with dismissal procedures and traffic, as we will be working to ensure the safety of all students.
Prek-K will be dismissed outside the main entrance beginning at 3:05.
1st-3rd will be dismissed from the door by the auditorium at 3:15.
4th-6th will be dismissed at the back of the school near the compass on the new drive at 3:15.
7th-8th will be dismissed at the back of the school near the middle school pods at 3:15.
Students with siblings in PreK-K will be outside the main entrance.
All cars will proceed down LaVista Dr. to the furthest entry past the school building. You will make a right turn into the drive nearest the apartments. You will remain in your car and show your sign to Mata staff. We will call for your child as you drive around the wraparound drive. Keep your child's tag showing until your child(ren) is brought to your car. When leaving the drive, turn left to circle under the bridge and proceed to the traffic light.
If riding a bus, please send information regarding your child's bus stop and location to the teacher. It is best practice to have an index card with your child's bus number and stop located inside their backpack. Bus pick-up is located on the main drive parallel to Grand. Please do not park in this driveway.
We offer After school care through the YMCA. Please see the flyers below for details.
Please ensure that your child knows how they are going home. Inform your child's teacher in an adequate amount of time in the event of any changes.
After School Pick Up
Thank you all so much for your patience and positivity as we work through our new drive and car pool pick up. We are looking forward to making our process much smoother and safer for all!
Please be on the lookout! We will soon be transitioning to an App system for picking up students called Pikmykid.
Please see the video below to learn more.
We will keep you posted!
Dallas ISD Updates for Campus Visitors
While Dallas County is in Level Red, campus visitors and volunteers will not be allowed. We will use virtual meeting options to limit campus visitors. All visitors who enter the building will be required to wear a face covering and those who proceed beyond the reception area will follow specific guidelines for visitors.
Visitor Screening/PPE Requirements
Please self- screen before entering any Dallas ISD facility. If visitors have COVID-19 symptoms, or are lab confirmed with COVID-19, they must notify the campus and remain off campus until they meet the criteria for re-entry.
All individuals entering the building will be required to wear face masks.
Visitors will stand behind the shield guard installed at reception desks or recommended 6 feet distance.
Any individuals permitted to proceed beyond the reception area must follow all safety and campus protocols.
Parent curbside pick up of students and materials
Please be reminded that the following is not allowed:
- Leggings, tights, or yoga pants
- Jeans are only worn on Fridays with a spirit shirt (no rips/holes)
Meal Viewer- Meal App
Food & Child Nutrition Services (FCNS) is pleased to announce "MealViewer" a new and improved platform to showcase student menus. MealViewer is packed with new features and benefits!
Meal Viewer provides:
- Convenience - Available 24/7 on the web and through our mobile-friendly app, MealViewer To Go, for your smartphone.
- Allergen Safety — Create personalized safety profiles for each student by selecting their allergens. Get alerts each time that allergen is on the menu!
- Fun Feedback — Students can rate their favorite meals.. .and receive alerts the next time their favorites are served!
Signing Up is easy!
1 . Go to schools.mealviewer.com or download the mobile app and register for a free account. MealViewer WILL NOT open in Internet Explorer. Please copy the link and paste it into Chrome, Edge, or Firefox.
2. Create a personalized profile for you and your students by first selecting their school.
3. Next, set up your student's profile by selecting any allergens he/she has. Students can also choose their favorite meals/foods. Students will receive notifications every time any of their favorite meals are served, and any time that any of their allergens are in any food on that day's menu.
We want your Feedback!
Parents are asked to please complete the Family and Community Engagement Survey to help us serve you better.
Please visit the following link:
Mata Montessori School's Vision and Mission
Vision Statement: To provide an academic foundation which allows our students to be successful life-long learners.
Mission Statement: To provide an authentic Montessori education by focusing on educating the whole child academically, socially, and emotionally for all children.
Mata Montessori School's Key Actions
- Maintain a climate and culture that fosters academic excellence.
- Improve quality of instruction and student achievement through an aligned Montessori curriculum.
- Actively engage parents in education in meaningful and relevant ways.