This Week w/ Ms. Werth
Nov. 30th - Dec. 4th
Just a reminder, Blackburn Elementary is working on a new community outreach project to give back to students at our own school during the holiday season. I am very excited about it and will be participating myself! A letter explaining the program and the specific needs for each grade level was sent home last week as well as this Friday (12.4) The deadline to send in items is Friday, December 11th. I hope you will take the opportunity to give back (if you are able) and thanks so much to those of you who have already sent things in - I know those families will be extremely appreciative of your generosity.
Math and Science
Due to my own absences at the beginning of this week and in an effort to complete our long division study, our science studies were placed on hold this week. However, because of these factors, students did have an opportunity to work on catching up a bit in social studies.
The Leader in Me
- Friday, Dec. 4th - School-wide Spelling Bee (Good luck Lexi and Elif!!)
- Tuesday, Dec. 8th - PDQ Spirit Night (5:00-9:00)
- Friday, Dec. 11th - Deadline for Christmas gifts for our community (mentioned above)
- Friday, Dec. 11th - School Dance (6:00-8:30 - there is supposed to be an opportunity for Santa pictures and all proceeds will go directly to our Helping Hands community outreach program)
- Tuesday, Dec. 15th - 6th Grade Play "Pirates"
- Thursday, Dec. 17th - Winter PTO Program (to include a movie and hot chocolate - should be lots of fun!)
- Monday, Dec. 21st - Workday - No School
- Tuesday, Dec. 22nd - Friday, Jan. 1st - Holiday Break - No School
- Tuesday, April 12th - Grandfather Mountain Field Trip*
*This is a little further out, but some parents have asked about our Grandfather Mountain field trip (which will require 4-5 parent chaperons per class with current background checks - please contact the office to check on whether or not we have a background check on file for you or if you need the paperwork to complete one prior to our trip).