Elementary Social Studies Update
DBQ Rubric has changed!
5th grade has a required DBQ lesson this six weeks which centers on the events leading up to the Civil War. There are a lot of visuals associated with this DBQ which is a different way of thinking for your students.
REMEMBER: I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY TO COME TO YOUR CAMPUS AND DO A REFRESHER ON THE DBQ!
- There are 6 Units with 4 modules in each unit.
- There is at least one example of a TPT suggestion or prompt in each unit.
- There is a focus of the comprehension toolkit for each module that should align to the correlations chart in E.L.A.R.
- There is a writing prompt in every module that relates to the content.
Remediation Activities are Available
- Students understand, make inferences and draw conclusions about the structure and elements of poetry and provide evidence from text to support their understanding. Students are expected to describe the characteristics of various forms of poetry and how they create imagery (e.g., narrative poetry, lyrical poetry, humorous poetry, free verse).