Pine Hollow Middle School
Pine Hollow News: October 22, 2020
2nd Quarter has begun! Please take time this weekend to help your child reset and prepare for the next nine weeks. This could mean helping them clean out their email inbox, reviewing their grades and where they need to focus, organizing their physical workspace, rewarding them for their 1st Quarter bright spots, and/or utilizing our Mustang Learning Organizer. It could also mean working with your child to set up an office hours meeting with a teacher, having them show you one thing they are proud of from the 1st Quarter, and/or creating a goal for progress over the next two months. However, it looks, taking time to reset at the beginning of a quarter is always beneficial.
Please note that starting this quarter, regular assignments will be due on Wednesday at 9:00pm, and/or on Sunday at 9:00pm. By adding a second due date each week, teachers hope to help students stay on track throughout the week which should reduce procrastination and stress on the weekends.
I certainly realize how challenging the 1st Quarter was for everyone, and just how many things all of you are dealing with, so thank you for your support thus far! Please give your child lots of encouragement and praise for the work they've done this far, and let them know that we miss them greatly and are so proud of the hard work they are putting in! Thank you and as always, reach out to us if you have any questions or need any support. Best,
Pine Hollow Middle School
Chat with Campo
Today at 4:00pm you can chat with Mr. Campopiano on Zoom about the following topics and more:
- 2nd Quarter Assignments, Grading, Etc.
- School Budget Breakdown
- District Re-Opening Plan
- PBIS and Spirit Days
This is a relaxed meeting for parents to connect with Mr. Campo, ask questions, and listen to the latest news about Pine Hollow. Join via Zoom here.
Please Apply for Free and Reduced Lunch Service
From the PTSA Board
The PTSA is working hard to find ways to support the students and staff during Distance Learning. Below is some important info on upcoming events:
- Virtual Bingo Night. Join us tomorrow, 10/23, from 7:30-8:30pm for Virtual BINGO night. Have a night of adult fun and win great prizes with our host Mr. Campo. There will be 5 games and you use the same cards for all games. Purchase 5 for $10 on the PTSA website.
- Weekly Dine & Donates. Skip cooking and support Pine Hollow. Click here for the schedule, and be sure to go to Mr. Pickles this week!
- Purchase Spirit Wear. Students will start receiving PBIS points for wearing spirit wear during Zoom and the PTSA is posting weekly FB challenges. Click here to purchase spirit wear (flannel PJ pants just added)!
- Facebook Updates. Stay up to date on everything we are doing by following us on FB.
- PBIS Store. Pine Hollow is launching the PBIS Program this week. The program was designed to reward students with points that they can use to shop in the PBIS store. The PTSA needs help stocking the store with quality prizes for students. Please shop the Pine Hollow Wish List (all items ship directly to Pine Hollow). For every $10 in items you donate, you will receive one entry into our raffle or an Echo Show!
- Coming soon… the Pine Hollow Virtual Holiday Fair will be November 1st – 30th. Families can shop small business and support Pine Hollow. If you are interested in being a vendor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.